The £650 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and not a moment too soon! I can't tell you how bored I am driving the Citroen about. Fly by wire throttles are the devils work. :twisted:

Two or three weeks oh no its like seeing "To be continued" pop up while engrossed in one of your favorite TV series lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do we want?
JEGGER BACK ON THE ROAD!
When do we want it?
NOW!

News back so far... ARB bushes fitted, exhaust fitted and the handbrake adjusters un-seized. Sills still to do!

Please god save me from the Citroen soon....

Hello sorry to come into this thread (not sure how to contact members or if its allowed) but with regards to your earliar post on the leak, did you have to remove the whole dash, you said it could be done from the top ? (i am sure i have the same issue as i have done everything else) am planning to start this at 3pm today so as much help as possible would be most appreciated. I will have someone to help who knows more about cars than me, thank god !! thanks again

You may possibly be able to find the leak in the area under the bonnet where the windscreen wiper gubbins/fuse box etc is like I have tried. But then, I've failed to cure all my leaks! slayllian has solved his by removing the dashboard and his thread shows all of this but it's not a quick job. Where the water enters the footwells always seems to be about the same but where it gets in in the first place seems to differ! Be prepared to use a lot of sealant! :?

thanks, god tell me about it i have sealed everything under there......... twice. Did the second lot yesterday but am not convinced as i thought i had done a good job the first time around :x i did wonder if taking the wheel off and having a look under there may reveal something. I did not want to remove the dash tbh.

Jegger is due back by the end of the week. Speaking to the bloke today, he said that a lot of patching up was needed around the rear suspension mounts and the inner sill isn't great. Also, the sills that he ordered turned out to be Fiesta ones incorrectly listed, so he's had to fabricate repair patches instead.

The bottom line is that Jegger should be good for a year or two but, realistically the body shell will be fit for scrap after that.

Still, I'll be glad to get back behind the wheel especially after my wife's SEAT Altea died on the M25 on Saturday morning managing to lunch both the catalytic converter and the turbo (thus reinforcing my belief that VW products are the least reliable pieces of crud that you can buy) to the tune of £1100 of repairs. I'll need some transport as she'll be using the Citroen.

Sooooo.... Got Jegger back today. Nice job on the sill repairs for the money, exhaust fitted, rear brake adjusters repaired and the new ARB bushes have rid the last rattle from the suspension! £275 all in was a bargain!

Chucked it down for an MOT and we have a pass with no advisories!!!! :grin:

Jegger lives to fight another day (or get welded in the future at least). Very chuffed!

Too late to get any photo's tonight but I'll try and get some on tomorrow.

Well, the original Jegger (the begger) was a tramp that lived around the town I grew up in; Shipston-on-Stour. He was quite famous due to various antics but the one that everyone remembers was that he was often caught having... uh... 'fun' with the local stray cats.

Jegger the Puma is quite trampy looking and the cat antics - Puma = big cat.

Latest posts

Back