the dales are alive - info thread (25th)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, it might do as when I did the route maps on google maps I had to divert it a couple of times manually for the first and third stages. The other three were pretty much as google wanted to do automatically I think.

iv already polished my car im so excited! (usually it gets a polish twice a year if its lucky!)

i shall be bringing a radio control car to race anyone with.............

Jacko, nothing will ever be as fast as this, i got it when i was 9:

96675146.jpg

It lasted for about 5 years until it finally lost a wheel after clipping a gate at full speed. IT still drove with 3 wheels but sadly that was the end. I took it apart and always regretted destroying it.

I remember it cost my dad £40 plus £15 for the battery pack, such a huge amount of cash when your 9! The battery lasted for 20 mins then we had to find some other way to pass the time for 4 hours while it charged.

Hint 1: To avoid stonechips on your Puma, don't drive too close to the car in front. You may get stones thrown up unexpectedly from the tyres.

Hint 2: To avoid the back of a Puma in your front, don't drive too close to the car in front. It may brake unexpectedly.

:p

DradusContact said:
Jacko, nothing will ever be as fast as this, i got it when i was 9

I bought and built one of these when I was 12
959-rc-car.jpg

It had a proven top speed of 35mph :cool: I spent ages adjusting damping (using different viscosity damper fluids) and camber etc... to get it just right. I actually got an adrenaline rush just playing about with it :D

I had to major rebuild it after it clipped a sticky up paving stone and smacked into a wooden post at full speed :( Suspension, chassis and shell damage.

I still have it in parents' garage somewhere :)

The tamiya ones are of course a different leauge all together. Never had one but always wanted one. Now i can afford one i would feel too embarresed playing with it in the street.

DradusContact said:
The tamiya ones are of course a different leauge all together. Never had one but always wanted one. Now i can afford one i would feel too embarresed playing with it in the street.

Don't be! I've often been tempted to get another for a laugh...it takes skill to drive one quick, just like a real car...

You often see RC cars at car shows driven by full grown adults.

I've got a pdf file of the directions sorted now if anyone wants a copy. I've attached it to the post on t'other place, but can't see how to do it on here, unlesss I'm missing the obvious.

If you want a copy early then just let me know and I can e-mail you a copy (if you give me your addy of course lol).

EDIT: Dal has just offered to upload the file for me so it should appear on here soon for anyone who wants a look at it early.

I've just seen that the first pub I've got as a stop actually has a rare breed farm attached to it which may be of some interest to some people. If people don't mind the obvious delay to the finish of the drive it would be fine for people to have a wander round if they want to :)

see the links below for more info:

http://www.bulliththorn.co.uk/rarebreed.htm

Perhaps of particular interest to one member:
http://www.bulliththorn.co.uk/chickens.htm :)

I've not been to it before though so I don't know exactly how big it is or whether it's worth seeing. Just thought I would give advance warning :)

Available for download here:

http://www.projectpuma.com/pubfiles/Dalesmeetroute.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1st post updated too..

I bought my son a Nitromethane powered Scooby a few years back which 'I' loved...lol

Never managed to get the thing into 2nd gear it was so quick. Unfortunately I hit a kerb and flipped it at about 40mph and contributed to some of it's present damage. It's been awaiting restoration for a while now...lol

Yeah sorry Paul; will be a great meet no doubt. But i've had such a long rough week I just need to stop and take some nothing time.

Plus I don't have my car and my bike needs some TLC!

So i'd be there in a Mondeo haha.

I will definitely be attending the next possible meet though and look forward to seeing the pictures!

No problem mate, I know the feeling of needing some nothing time.

My bike also needs some work doing on it which is partly why I'm not at the alton towers meet the next day. Got to get it ready for a bike weekend in May. The list of jobs isn't too great though :lol: :

Strip and clean front calipers - fit new pads
strip and clean rear caliper - fit new pads
fit braided brake lines
strip down rear end of old bike to get the swing arm off
strip down rear end of new bike to fit the other swing arm
fit undertray and new rear light
fit new chain and sprockets
send a few parts away to powder coaters and fit when they return
new air filter
fit ignition advancer and get it set up on the dyno with the power commander :)

The mirror glass fell out of mine yesterday so now only have 1 mirror.. the chain is very loose currently.. the engine sounds like it could die at any time... but it's still going lol.

Back