The dreaded water ingress

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Seems I've got water coming into the car from somewhere, I strongly suspect the grommet in the engine bay. I've seen talk of people sealing this, I had a look today and couldn't quite work out how to go about this?

I'm guessing something like bathroom sealant will do the job fine? But how to apply it, just slop it all over?

CHeers

More than likely your grommet.

This is a picture of mine with an amplifier feed cable going through it.
flexiblesealant.jpg

As you say, just use some flexible sealant round it. It should be a snug fit over the hole in the bulkhead though.

With grommet off:
grommetoff.jpg

Grommet off and pulled back so you can see the bulkhead metalwork:
grommetoff-bulkhead.jpg

Cheers. I gave the outer grommet a tug earlier, but it didn't want to shift. I'll try again ASAP.

hiya

i have the problem in the drivers side footwell, can you let me know where this is as i cannot seem to be able to work it out from the pickies

coz i is fick !!!!!

cheers

Open the bonnet and it's right up in the top corner by the windscreen on the passenger side.

You have to remove something to see it but at this moment it escapes me.

is the pollen filter box you gota remove coz I know thats up there lol :)

xt350 said:
hiya

i have the problem in the drivers side footwell, can you let me know where this is as i cannot seem to be able to work it out from the pickies

coz i is fick !!!!!

cheers

The pictures above are for the wiring loom grommet on the passenger side, not drivers side. Not sure about one on the drivers side - sorry.

red said:
Open the bonnet and it's right up in the top corner by the windscreen on the passenger side.

Didn't have to remove anything at all to get at my one.

zarablackcoupe said:
is the pollen filter box you gota remove coz I know thats up there lol :)

As above.

Dal said:
red said:

Didn't have to remove anything at all to get at my one.

Mmm you could be right, I may have another cars layout confused.

I wonder why so many seem to have a problem all of a sudden, start of winter maybe?

[albumimg]337[/albumimg]

The very top right of the engine bay - just under the bonnet hinge.

Latest posts

Back