The end?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timedweller

Drove at the weekend, the car was evidently out of water/ coolant. Stopped at some lights, engine smoking. Now won’t start - ‘no compression’ according to the AA guy. Additionally I can’t open the bonnet now for some reason.

Is this the end? Has the head gasket gone and the head potentially become warped?

Sadness. Is this one of those way too expensive jobs?
How do I get the bonnet open to get someone to check?

Does anyone want to buy it for spares? :(
Leather seats, new-ish wide tyres

Very sad day

Ahh that's sounds like a bad day!

Hard to answer any of the above regarding the engine but I suspect the most economical repair would be to replace the engine. As for whether it's worth it will depend on it's condition or sentimental value.

There are threads on here about what to check if you can't open the bonnet, could be the cable as broken or come off.

Sad sad news! Hope you get it fixed :) similar happened to a friends car and they did an engine swap and cost £700 all in, so cheaper than buying a new puma

How does the AA guy know there is no engine compression if you can’t open the bonnet. I agree with Richard it might not end up as bad as being a total engine, you do say that you did stop the car quiet quickly.
Are you sure it’s not the cam belt that’s not snapped, that would lead to no compression? If that’s the case you might need a new engine.

Latest posts

Back