update on projects

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no I was negotiating a round about and bang, stopped immediately, no damage except a small mark on the drive shaft CV boot...now all fixed and with three bolts holding it in not two, or as I drove it home with a sports bag strap and a bit of threaded bar and two very small nuts holding it in...all fine now...would have been a real shame as this engine is the sweetest of them all...

big military trucks are fun whilst they are working, they can be a total pain when not...so many things to go wrong...

at last fifth gear puller arrived, stripped first box, it was a good job, the diff was definitely showing signs of damage...will replace both bearings and fit the limited slip diffs, I hope they are more up to the job than the std diffs...

all done, not driven her yet, got new led lights in the pods and under the front bumper above the splitter...looks really cool, will be out on the road fully nitroused and ready to go...must rember to warm her up before ragging her.

turbo in for brakes and some work on the turbo installation prior to dyno run then its improve as we go,,

then FRP 419 gets a turbo fitted, it has a sweet engine...

here it is...

Picture.jpg

Wow, that looks really good!! :cool:

Might not be to everyone's cup of tea, but I think it really suite the car!!

okay nitrous is now fuelled up with two full 11kg bottles and as soon as we have dry roads I will be testing my lsd gearbox and other new bits to destruction, freudian slip, not to destruction, to full pleasure...will be fun...

ooh I do like my nitrous puma, its such a brilliant car to drive with the nitrous active...mind you it makes me drive a bit like a hooligan, am too old for all that really....however i am going to fit a turbo to the old girl, she now has the 30 mm spacers, going to fit 40MM and she needs the rear bushes doing, and now the exhaust needs a new middle section..so she will likely be getting a full millitek system...new leds lok good but I never see them so waste of time...
turbo puma mot'd tomorrow... the whole front sub frame was twisted and out of shape, she has had a big bang at some time...mostly sorted and straight now. now its time to start playing with it.
pumaspeed is getting its third engine, plus oil cooler plus frp cams... may then fit a new ecu to utilise the extra power from the cams, then its just have fun driving her...I think with 135 bhp she will be a nice car to drive...
frp 419 is going turbo.
silver puma is getting a new engine, courtesy of Mac on here...its from the red frp repilca that he bought,,,anyone know if the engine was messed with at all...

Wow, you have a hell of a lot of projects going on!!! Immagine what you could achieve if you put all your energy and efforts into 1 super project!!! :wink:

I keep breaking them....so have no time for just one, nitrous has a racing cleutch it is really heavy and makes the car uncomfortable to drive, son took it out last night and brought it back minus a few gears...box out again...oh joy...

okay engine now out of red puma, and now going into grey puma...which will stay as a standard car for those run about moments...always ready and waiting...still need a to find a nice red puma to replace my knackerd puma bird 3...will have to wait as I have spent so much over the past few weeks on the dance floor the flats the trucks the house I am totally skint...will take me a few months to catch up...

engine in silver puma, shoudl be running today...turbo puma has been fitted with alcon brakes instead of the hi spec as the hispec have some weird bs banjo fitting that we cant match so to get her up and running again we have fitted the spare alcons...i have a few of these now. she will go back to the hispec units once we have the brake fittings sorted, on the original install the lines were too short and were tugging the mountings on full lock so we planned to fit a length of fixed pipe to reduce the distance that the flexed pipe needed to travel to make connection. She should be on the road today. i have to drop nitrous off to see whats gone wrong with the gearbox, feels like a linkage problem and then go collect 200 bales of hay, got to fit a game of squash in before 5....

gearbox has failed in nitrous, can only assume we put it back together wrong, the new clutch a racing item is massively severe, totally on off, very difficult to drive with so am going to put the 220 bhp clutch back in and fit my last frp box...then strip and rebuild the frp box if its recoverable...will be interesting to see what has jammed up..

now we have turbo puma back on the road but not happy with the subframe or the amount of breathing she is now doing, one of the idiot kids i had working for me used the car without permission for a week, and has likely screwed the engine...difficult to prove it but thats the likely outcome...will need to either fit new rings or fit a new engine...oh joy...here I go again..

Latest posts

Back