urban exploration with Caz and Dunk

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

had the pleasure of having a photography trip out with Caz and dunk at the weekend and they showed me round RAF croft near warrington. It has a very interesting mix of buildings/lighting and random junk to keep a happy snapper busy for a few hours :)

here's the first few results. I've been playing with some HDR stuff agin and I'm pretty pleased with the results so far. more to come hopefully :)

4326648162_920cf0d783_b_d.jpg

4325912617_3d2b83a31b_b_d.jpg

4326651754_a792fd6d0c_b_d.jpg

4326653546_c5af5f7c9b_b_d.jpg

4325918539_e73ed52c1d_b_d.jpg

4326657762_defa29d149_b_d.jpg

4326659630_34a7d3a114_b_d.jpg

all comments welcome as usual :)

loooooooove them!

massive fan of rusty things ( except my car ) and wrecked buildings.

imo they need a bit of photoshop work to adjust the contrast and make them more striking but that is only a matter of opinion on how certain photos should look.

on the other hand the exposure is good and that works too

well done

it could be due to these images being straight from the HDR software without any further post processing as the HDR can sometimes leave the contrast a little bit flat so I might have a go at tweaking them in photoshop as HDR is something which is still relatively new to me and I have had some success but some failures too :lol: :)

ahhh hdr. i didnt realise.

they look rather realistic where as HDR photos normally come out very surreal.

how many photos did you take before you merged them together as HDRs?

never the less they look great.

Cheers for the comments :)

All of the pictures have been put together from 3 separate shots, 0.7EV apart (i.e. -0.7EV, 0 and +0.7EV)

whilst I like the idea of HDR I'm not so much of a fan of the really over processed look, normally aiming for something more realistic with a slight hint of the processing.

Looking forward to seeing what yours are like Dunk :)

I've just had a quick 10 minutes play on photoshop elements to try and improve on the flat contrast, but without losing too much detail. Here are the results

4328559650_fc4f709ba0_b_d.jpg

4327829791_d8071a416a_b_d.jpg

4327831829_2592090e6b_b_d.jpg

4327833587_791973ba81_b_d.jpg

4327835713_7c02d1ba99_b_d.jpg

The tweaks were quite subtle but I think they work OK :)

Definitely. Nice work here.
I have been on the 28dayslater forums recently and am truely inspired by 'urbex'. There's stuff in Nottingham I wanna look around - there's lots of derelect sites when you look for them.
Good work - HDR can spoil a photo, but it's enhanced yours here.

Well I like my photos to have a natural look, with dark shadows and over exposed light streams, give it the true feel of the place, this is my go of hdr not everyone will like it but Im still playing around with it
_DSC8645_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

_DSC8662_5_8_tonemapped.jpg

_DSC8694_5_tonemapped.jpg

_DSC8697_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

_DSC8725_6_7_tonemapped.jpg

Urban exploration can be what you want it to be, you dont need to be chased by security and police to get in places, I dont want to be a hero.

I've only ever done Leybourne Grange mental asylum, the old MOD space next to belmarsh prison, and an old milk depot. Where i live theres an Asylum called 'stone asylum' which i would love to do but its tigher than a nuns chuff.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Done a few now but only posted about 10% of what we have done. Very luck the other week to do an epic explore, took 5 hours to recce the place AND had permision to go back :) not many get in this place.

Great pics Paul :eek:k:

I love looking through all the pictures of old RAF stations on 28 days later. I love the idea of urban exploration, but given my choice of profession it isn't the best idea!

awesome update on pics. great pics dunk and yeh i see where your coming from caz. well done!

where in notts you wanna go see?

For the next couple of months we wont be going to far from home, but the more we look around the more we want to go diffrent places around the country.

Back