Urgent imobiliser help - stranded!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb81

I have just received a new 3 button fob which i recoded using the guide and presto my remote central locking now works! However the imobiliser is now not recognising the coded part of the key and the damn car wont start... everything i have read suggests the fob is not related as the imobiliser works of the key not the fob so i cant understand whats wrong!!!?
Help please :(

Hi,

Do you still have the old key? There's a transponder chip for the immobiliser contained within the fob (glass tube capsule), did you swap this to your new fob?

The guide on here only instructs you how to go about re-programming for unlocking/locking.

There is a way to program the immobiliser part of the new fob but it would require you having 2 unique keys which already start the car (not clones).

Hopefully this helps?

Ahhh..... that makes a lot of sense as the answer is no i did not!

I have managed to get the immobiliser deactivated by using the old fob with the key. Although that only worked after disconnecting battery and fob battery to reset everything!

At least i got the car home. Tomorrow i will have a look at the transponder and see if that solves it!

Many, many, thanks for the reply!!

Changed the transponder over and it all works as it should! Thanks again for the help!

Latest posts

Back