What made your day today?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sisangster said:
Benf. Ouch that ain't good I got stung with my first and only credit card and I vowed never again will I have or use a credit card.

No problems! I can't complain - I knew exactly what I was doing and I would not have made the purchases if I hadn't been able to pay the bill as soon as it arrived!

As has been said above, using a credit card is a good way of boosting your credit rating too.

I clear mine every month - always have done - and my credit rating must be pretty good considering how big the credit limits I have are.

Credit companies want to make money out of you. I have had a Barclaycard credit card for several years and always pay the statement balance plus anything I have spent since at the end of the month. I never take out HP .... if I can't afford it I don't have it. A couple of years ago, after being constantly pestered by staff at the tills, I bit the bullet and applied for a BHS store card (which was run by Barclaycard) as I spend quite a bit there. I was turned down because my credit score wasn't good enough. If they are not likely to make any money of you they don't want to know. The next time I was invited to apply for a BHS store card I had great pleasure in telling them the only way you could get one is if you are up to your eyes in debt.

Just not long got back from nearly two weeks stateside , not all sun sand an jet-set , but did have to do loads of swimming , some of us do a real living for a job , haha . ;p
Looks like my house in north Derbyshire is sold so now looking to buy a nice little cottage in Oxford I've had my eye on .
Life really is on the up n up :eek:k:

TommyLee2 said:
Just not long got back from nearly two weeks stateside , not all sun sand an jet-set , but did have to do loads of swimming , some of us do a real living for a job , haha . ;p
Looks like my house in north Derbyshire is sold so now looking to buy a nice little cottage in Oxford I've had my eye on .
Life really is on the up n up :eek:k:

Nice one buddy, BBQ at your place then yeah? :)

Oh, West Ham just won, that's made today for me lol

someone gave me a wad of money they owed me some time ago and I put it away. I forgot about it and came across it again this evening.

So that's the first £100 of my spending money when I go on holiday next week! :thumbs:

Thought this result was pretty good considering I have Sky ADSL and this is through a Netgear switch in to a powerline adapter connected to a 6 way surge protector in to a double wall socket which I installed. Through the house to the other powerline in to the Sky router.

Mine:

Dunno if that's better , worse or the same..lol

I just ran it from a PC and it was down to 2ms

And yes it's better, you want no packet loss, low jitter and ping can be variable based on the distance but ideally the lower the better!

Back