What part of the cooling system is this...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielz000

Hi Guys,

Can someone tell me what this part is called... Here's the description...

It's on the right side of the engine and the coil pack is screwed into it...

It's held onto the engine head with 2 nuts and 2 bolts and has two pipes coming off of it...

On my old clio, the equivalent of this part was a plastic thermostat but having taken it off, i can confirm there's no thermostat in it and it's made of metal... Also, TIS states the thermostat is on the left side of the engine...

Any way, the reason I ask is I believe the part was leaking from the gasket and I'd like to try and get a new gasket, unfortunately I can't seem to find one...

Cheers,

Dan

its not the thermostat,its just a connection for the pipes to enter/leave the engine block,only other thing that is near there is the water temp sender,its normally the pipes that are leaking,remove clean up the spigots and refit 60 mins job max

Unfortunately I fixed the pipes last summer. This time when I looked the coolant was around the gasket. Does anyone know how or where I could get a new one?

Probably worth checking a few motor factors but it may be a dealer part, its a very common thing to have leaks around there, most of the engines I take out have some evidence of coolant on top of the gearbox area so hopefully they'll know what you're talking about.

Cheers Ian/Martin. Unfortunately the dealers are closed until Wednesday, I'll give them a try though. Going to be odd though as I don't really know what to ask for. Would ford e cat have a list of all the parts?

Just to let everyone know, Ford confirmed it as

Item 12166453
Water Housing Gasket
£3.99 + vat...

I reckon I'll be picking one up and hopefully that will finally sort the leak out!

I think I might need to do this aswell. Changed my top radiator hose and I still have a leak....Great lol

Back