What parts are worth having off a scrap Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3xpendable

Long story short, I might be getting an S reg Puma next week thats blown up (1.4). As I have nowhere to store it my intenion is to tow to to the local scrap yard who have said I can take what I want of it then weigh it in for scrap. So far here is what I;m keeping for myself:

Some interior trims and clips, same for under bonnet
Indicator stalk
Wheels
Back box
Boot carpet
Gear knob
Instrument cluster
Switches
Spare wheel tray

I'm going to take off the following to sell on if I can:

Radio
Dash panel (with air con switches etc)
Rear lights
Front lights (the plastic is crazed on at least one, are they worth keeping?
Grille
Mirrors possibly.

I sadly wont be able to take off major assemblies like suspension or anything as I don't have storage space but is there anything else I should save to keep or sell? Also it has half a tank of fuel, is there an easy way to syphon this?

Alternatively if anyone knows somewhere I can store it near Cardiff that would be great :)

The glass if possible is to save it. Take the door glass out and you may need it one day. The other glass will have to go with the shell or taken out by a windscreen fitter. If I see bits in a breakers for a Puma, which I don't need, I pick them up and save them for a "just in case".

The interior you can sell on here or Ebay because someone will need it for their Puma. The engine you can also sell but, as you said, you can't remove it get the buyer to remove it. If you got all the little plastic bits like the rear cubby hole, people will want these bits because they are getting rare to get.

Being honest, save the car and get it back on the road! With the 1.4, someone will want a 1.4 due to the rarity and insurance of it. This is my own opinion.

Plastic covers that go over the bolts holding the windscreen wipers to the car. these always seem to go missing.

headlights seem to sell on ebay. I just needed to buy a new drivers one

ECU locks fuel cap and ignition and keys
centre console
Airbag module
Airbag
Heater resistor pack
Heater control panel
HCV especially if replaced
fuses and relays for own use
Door screw caps
Inlet ICV TPS and MAF

I've just got the remaining fuel out of my Puma using a good method posted by IanG.

Find the fuel cut off switch on the left side of the passenger footwell. A black plastic thing with a red button on the top. Remove the electrical plug from it. Putting 12v on to the middle pin will run the fuel pump.
Disconnect the fuel feed from the fuel rail and put the pipe in to a suitable container. Start the pump with the 12v on the middle pin and wait.

This was quite easy for me as I've got no engine in my Puma so had plenty of room to put the container for the fuel.

As for parts, you could remove the brake calipers as they don't take up a lot of room. May be handy to keep or sell on after a quick clean up.

Back