Wheel spacers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn_

Just bought some 20mm rear wheel spacers. What I wanna know is does the car look ok with only these fitted or do you need front spacers too.

Glenn_ said:
Just bought some 20mm rear wheel spacers. What I wanna know is does the car look ok with only these fitted or do you need front spacers too.

Yea its fine, abs will be affected unless your not running it already, may possibly have rubbing issues if lowered a great amount too.

Fitting the spacers at the rear requires a little bit of modification to the ABS sensor on the near side. Nothing drastic just need to remove the 90deg bend without damaging the cable.

Ive got 20mm spacers on the back with a rear disc conversion which also adds extra width, Ive also got 20mm front spacers as well, looks much better IMO

trueblue said:
Fitting the spacers at the rear requires a little bit of modification to the ABS sensor on the near side. Nothing drastic just need to remove the 90deg bend without damaging the cable.
http://www.fk-oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?19292" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you mean spacers that go between the drum and wheel, or hub spacers which go between the drum and axle?

If they are wheel side you'll have no issues with ABS wires or rubbing. You may end up with a funny stance, but it won't be too noticeable. I have 20mm hub spacers on the back with the 16" Escos style Mondeo rims, and i thought it was a bit uneven so i got some 20mm wheel spacers for the front to even things up.

And also, i have to say i had no issues with the ABS wire, just did a little shaving of the plastic and it all fits together nicely.

The spacers I have go between the axle and the stub axle.

Has anyone got any pics.

I'm pretty sure I've read that the rear track width is around 20mm narrower than the front. If that is the case, fitting those spacers on the back should line the front and rear up nicely.

I've got spacers (20mm) on the rear only....

42cb7eceaac80e6771e49f655e2fb681_zps020e0828.jpg

ef11e770e501330aaec524f308089faf_zps79eb3fd7.jpg

7c23e62890a9a79d9ab396babc3e8cc1_zpsece0a059.jpg

ET38 wheels

above looks perfect stance and as I said before glenn totally up to you from a looks point of view if you want to fit front spacers but i say just fit the 20mm rear axle ones and you will be happy, and I had no issues with my ABS at all

Back