Which Plugs for a 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lordbenny

I’ve got a Sylva J15 kit car with a 1.7 puma engine on bike TBs.

I was told to get NGK PTR5A-10 plugs.....so I did....they are completely wrong!

Which plugs should I be getting?

Thanks in advance. X

I’ve got a full set of original Ford plugs I could sell you if you’d like - still in their boxes. Ford want silly money but could do them for £15 posted

XAF said:
I’ve got a full set of original Ford plugs I could sell you if you’d like - still in their boxes. Ford want silly money but could do them for £15 posted

Wow, thanks. Are you sure they are not the same as the NGK PTR5A-10‘s because they are nothing like my Plugs.

Lordbenny said:
was told to get NGK PTR5A-10 plugs.....so I did....they are completely wrong!

What is wrong with these plugs as I've been using them for the past 20 years on my 1.7 Puma, without issues, they are also what is listed in NGK's technical data spark plug listing for the 1.7 Puma?
If you are using an earlier coil pack with clip on leads and provided your ignition leads are still healthy , then simply open the gaps from 1.0mm to 1.3mm.

Describe your concern's about them ?

I’ve just realised that after taking them from the main box, then the individual box that clearly states their PTR5A-10’s.....the plugs say BPR6EV. The cheeky EBay seller has tried to get one over on me! He’ll be getting a rather sternly worded message. So that’s cleared that up!

The specs for the NGK PTR5A-10 seems to be the same as the Denso ITV16TT in my 1.7:

Attachments

• NGK.jpg
    NGK.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Denso.jpg
    Denso.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 49
Back