Why? Evil sods...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nippydee

After our trip to Wales on way home a posse of lads 'gits' chased us down in our Zetec S Fez (which Steve has done up very nicely with red badge overlays, decals ZSOC website and mk2 design features). Looks lovely.

We don’t drive quickly, especially when im poorly - and with our dog in car too. We don’t thrash our cars about (unless with other enthusiasts and its then for fun and organized) but never in spite or in public for envy.

These lads drove up to side on dual carriageway, spat, threw rubbish and shouted abuse. Why?? We did NOTHING, really nothing, to provoke them.

A friend of my fellas, an online club member has just had his Fiesta totally ruined. Sprayed with nitro mousse -which is like silly string. (See ZSOC Zetec S Owners club). Paintwork all ruined to cost. Why?? Cos he happened to leave the lights quicker.

I have had other drivers up my tailpipe flashing me out they way - getting too close and forcing me to drive slower (slower yes to annoy them but more cos Im worried they will hit my rear-end). This happens ALL THE TIME! Why the hurry? I have no wish to be shunted thanks.
On the way to the cinema - a lad & lass in a 90's Honda all big exhaust noise and no trousers, a banger - sat neck & neck with my Puma at the lights, a merge left lane ahead Im in the left lane already. You guessed it - they nearly forced me into the bushes trying to get ahead and no due care. Why?? So id looks at the car and say 'wow look at that'? No I said something quite different!

Gentle reader, boy racers, girl racers of Project Puma you know I’m not having a pop at you! Its drivers who are impolite dangerous and scum. Remember...doesn’t matter if that person has a nice sporty car, doesn’t matter if they advertise a website or group. Think on, because that person might be me, or some with baby onboard or small children. I might not be able to work. I might not be able to get out of bed some days and some days I might be too ill to drive - but most days I am chuffed to be part of something - and that something is passing my test and having respect for other road users!!

Has anyone else suffered at the hands of these gits??

i pulled off at a set of lights in a right lane a little faster than a 'dad' in a clio....it merged about a mile down the round. wasnt really paying attention but the absolute twat was sat on my inside rear quarter thrashing the pants off it! he ended up using the space of a road junction on the left to undertake me!!!! then swerved across me to turn right 100m in front at some lights!!!

i wasnt racing etc....he was just being a twat!

granted the younger they are the more aggressive they can be....

but im fed up of overtaking old dears and mpv's on country lanes (in a safe way; im a police trained advanced driver) and getting flashed for it!
i am the 'wanker' michael mcintyre jokes of cos i can overtake 5 cars at a time if its safe to do so....iv been trained to! and i get abuse; LEARN TO DRIVE PROPERLY PEOPLE! not just cruise behinds the car in front at 45mph with a 'iv had kids so im dead inside & no use to mankind' mpv.

bad drivers are bad drivers.....i see more 'normal / grown up' bad drivers than i do chavs. granted there easier to spot but have a real good look at the next women or old man in an mpv in the fast lane with an indicator on for 3 miles sat inside the guy in front exhaust.....christ if u cant notice that ur indicator is still on im going nowhere near them; there obviously asleep or in a coma!!!! AND THEY NEVER LOOK TO SEE WHATS BEHIND THEM!!! iv been sat behind people for half a mile with blue lights on!!! not a bloody clue!

i blame cars; modern ones are too easy to drive....people switch off & honestly thats far more dangerous than a 17 year old (with cat like response times altho sod all experience) in a 30mph zone.

i do agree with what insurance companies are doing tho; only insuring young drivers to drive on there own; ie no mates to egg them on.

Sorry to hear your woes Tina :(

All I can think of is that it's:

1. Jealousy
2. Lack of social awareness making them aggressive
3. Their parents taught them how to do it

i had some shit nick a blind spot mirror of my new van last nite,what is this world coming to,certain members of the public have no respect these days for other peoples property

Jacko, you hit the nail on the head there! The 'tailgaters' are always businessmen in SAAB's and either gesticulating in a 'shooo' with their hands while holding a mobile or right up my rear.

Others are MPV or oldies who lane hog - yep thats sooo annoying, keep left you fools and look behind you! And your right again, how you can't notice the 'tick tock' of an indicator flashing means you shouldn't be behind the wheel at all!!

A older guy, in a BMW 5 series, cut me up at some lights in Wigan, but it got him nowhere so I was still behind him bar 1 car towing a trailer in a lane merge Bus Lane. Before the merge point there was a normal Car Restriction Zone in the Bus Lane so I kept right (Wigan cops are hot on bus lane users). However the car towing a trailer stopped to turn right ahead of me and his trailer swung out, forcing me in the bus lane, so I checked left, and indicated. Literally in the bus lane for less than 30ft. Then stayed as per the merge/contraflow.
Now behind the BMW in still traffic - the guy leapt out his Beamer, marched up to my car and yelled at me - saying was I blind and did I not see the Zone!!!????
An onlooker shouted him away thankfully - saying Oi wanker, did he not see the towing car indicate right, leave the larl lass alone!

I was very scared, this came nearly a year after I was carjacked in Wolverhampton, when a guy jumped into my car at lights and tried to steal my satnav. I got a black eye and a bump where he pushed my head in the driver door/window. Tosser.

Another pet hate is the older generation driver - the ones who should call it a day. I used to watch a elderly couple come and park outside the bank. One day it took her 11 attempts to park, and on the last attempt she hit a womans pushchair on the pavement, seesawing back & forth until she mounted the kerb - scary!
Mind you the iconic 'boom boom' of Mr big bass a mile away or Mr many exhaust/big pointless spoiler can be the most polite of drivers! OK some are definately not.

Why do they all hunch over the wheel looking moody, driving with one hand?? Is ten to two not 'chav' or bling?

But as per my first post - I see driving as a privilege and I still drive as I did on my test (I hope).
I never ever drive when my ME is bad though - Id never risk it.
Bad habits? Oh yeah, I growl at other people as per the above and shake my head at mobile users, sometimes creep to 75mph (but leave enough room to brake, about 120meters) - I remember the math.

It is too easy - they should all learn in Austin Mini's back when cars were hard to drive, double declutching and 3 point turns were impossible...Teach manners and eitquette not just roadcraft.

Failing that re-testing at 50, 60 and 65 to 70 years old!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

Phew...Im really grumpy today sorry!

Sorry to hear about your car troubles Tina. :(

They sound like right idiots what they were trying to do. They probably wouldn't even of had insurance.

Also, sorry to hear that you got carjacked as well. If that happened to me, I would wack them over the head with my steering wheel lock, lol.

you should keep your doors locked in slow speed built up areas as the risk of getting trapped in a collision is less than the risk of carjacking/robbery.

Just remember to unlock them when you hit the fast roads.

alternatively carry a crash hammer to pop the windows.

I did hit him!! Thats why he hit me! Wanker!!

I threw the satnav on the back seat - this really pee'd him off so when he lunged for it, I clonked him one!!

He hit me, grabbed my hair and pushed me into the driver door, then jumped out, ran. A Driving instructor by the name of Imran Khalled came to my aid, bless he was so sweet. It happened so fast though. Cos he didnt get away with 'owt the police weren't bothered. My RAF ex wasnt much good either - no tea & sympathy there he was too busy shopping with Mummy...so I dumped him!

Lesson learnt - I lock doors in built up, have satnav by driver pillar and carry a personal alarm which is VERY loud!

shitters need shooting!

foooking police are too busy with speeders they havent even noticed that half of 'society' need locking up for shitting on the society they love to live off!

replace all speed cameras with cameras to clock whether the car has insurance by all means. and by all means put 100 speed cameras outside every school & in every city centre where theres kids running round mad as fish, outside hospitals too y not....but putting laser vans on commutor routes with absolutely no hazard of doing 43 in a 40.....id shoot them all if i cud....who does that job? who is sad enough to hate everyone in society that wanders from 37 to 43mph....ITS HUMAN. WERE NOT ROBOTS....and ooo look; iv not killed anyone....i tend to drive at 15mph on busy residential streets.....i have common sense!

shud def be a secondary test to review driving skills, maybe even at 40....

& Y THE HELL ARE THOSE BLOODY EXPENSIVE MOTORWAY SIGNS NOT CONSTANTLY FLASHING 'KEEP LEFT YOU MORON'!!!!!!!

non of the above is asking for much.....people who run this country are morons with no common sense!

I SAY ITS TIME THE INTELLIGENT HARD WORKING MIDDLE CLASSES ROSE IN A REVOLT! i am fed up of my taxes being spent on anti-darwinism....where thick mouth breathing chavs are not only allowed to bread at will there bloody rewarded for it WITH MY SODDIN MONEY!

iv done the maths; i cant afford a house & a kid....not to any kind of standard....& im knocking on £30k!!!!!!

Jacko - dont get me started on underage breeding - I'm sick of it! Scrounging scum. Those poor kids! Ste being made redundant was the start of it - me being ill unable to work or have a baby another. And what help do we get? Sod all!! We are forced to get help of our parents. I yearn to be able to have a child & earn a crust and luckily Steve has just taken a factory job for his sanity!

Bring back national service...

Anti social driving arrests - being able to report abuse with results!

It would seem that anyone below 'middle class sensibility' doesnt give a shit. No pride in their homes, no respest for others or their belongings. People with even a warning who are like this should have a rehabilitation order - like a college course in etiquette or something. 2 weeks intensive or a fine (they loose their benefit) or shape up!!!

AND.....no human rights in prison! if uv gone against the civilised society you live in you are not civil....you dont deserve to be treated like a human. its not hard to be civil to people.

my dad owns a few small shops & the amount of police stuff he helps out with....cos the kids nick something, go to jail, get there hair & nails done & get £200 to help them get started again....when the money has gone they go nick something....christ; jail is full at xmas cos they get xmas dinner!!! they love it!!! best meal they get.......*&^%$£" rediculous!

put them to work testing chemicals or sifting thru rubbish dumps for recycling. make them realise how hard it can be to EARN a pound

sterilisation is another idea.....or only being allowed to bread if your iq is over 100....the sad fact is the nations iq IS being diluted....those with an iq will have 1 child maybe 2 etc for obvious reasons....those who struggle to breath will have 12 children cos they cant think it thru.....times that by 3 generations.....equals no doctors, no teachers and lots of barbaric chavs.

i point blank refuse to teach in a state school and plenty of people know me; i aint posh!

Lol...what have I started??!!

What amazes me is that the more kids they have the more benefit they get. It should be the other way round.
Parents who have no disaplinary skills, just yell & smack and swear are awful, they shouldn't be allowed kids - ungrateful, benefit goes on booze fags and doesn't seem to benefit the child at all. They argue that childcare is so expensive - surley if they aren't working they shouldn't need childcare!

My nana had 8 children, in a 3 bed house in the Lakes. Grandad worked after the war s a farm hand and as a church warden. My nana stayed at home raising my mum, aunts & uncles but also had chickens, baked cakes (mmm nana's cakes).

Basic life skills have gone she says, baking, cooking, gardening and mens work like DIY, mechanical and farm work are all forgotten and with it family values, poilteness and a realistic view on personal worthiness, respect for others and their possesions/homes.

Nana says (on telling her about this discussion) that Cubs, Scouts, Brownies & Girl Guides should be a mandatory after school activity from ages 6-15. That way they are taught to be civilised!!! I lve my nana to bits and in this I agree!!

nippydee said:
Lesson learnt - I lock doors in built up, have satnav by driver pillar and carry a personal alarm which is VERY loud!

Get your self a 2D maglite and keep it in the drivers door pocket!! Makes a VERY effective self defence weapon from all sorts of threats!

But of course its a torch -honest Officer!!! :-D

The problem is Jacko, theres not enough people in the middle class's capable of making a stand or they dont want to because they are selfish.

Problem ultimately is a government with no balls to change the laws necessary to stop the tide of social devolution.

Personally if they continue to do nothing then in 50 we will be a country of mostly degenerates living in poverty and destitution with the decent folk living at total mercy of violence and crime, with the remaining seriously rich in full control of the country as they have the assets to shield themselfs from the effects of crime.

As per usual the rich will stay rich and protected and also despite higher tax rates are able to afford to find tax loop holes etc to not pay it!!!

:derr:

I was joking!! I only wish I had it to hand for the clonkings!

Blimey - between us lot we could put the UK right - viva la revolucion!

I finished grumbling today when a really old fella held a door open for me - that was it - chivalry. Bless. I had a awful day health wise and wished I stayed in bed.

The Order of the Golden Fleece, the knight's twelve chivalric virtues as ~
faith, charity, justice, sagacity, prudence, temperance, resolution, truth, liberality, diligence, hope and valour.

Thats whats missing in our society today! It should be as valid in the 21st century as it was in the 14th.

i've had it in the past when i drove an xr2i i used to get fed up of it, it happens a fair bit when im driving the wifes puma they seem to think sporty car i'll have a go.
it doesnt happen much when im driving my sierra, probably because its a big heavy car and they would come off worse if anything happens.
i love my cars and used to back off or back down even turning off just to get out of there way but i dont do that anymore if my kids arent in the car i'll write it off to teach them a lesson usualy if there tailgating i'll slam on after a couple of times they get the message usualy there car is worth alot more than mine and they obviously dont want it smashing up and back off.
if they want to drive like dicks and over take me i let them i just think eventualy they will do it to the wrong person who will pull them out there chaved up supercar wanabe and give them a right good kicking.

Back