why was it stopped?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grims_Puma

Why oh why did they stop production on the ford puma? and when was it for that matter? I recon and up to date ford puma with all this days mod cons would wipe everything of the books

i heard ford used 'soft' tooling that was only designed to last a production run of x amount of cars. prob cheaper as they werent expecting to sell as many pumas as say a fiesta....

glad they didnt make a mk2 tho.... its kept the puma 'original' and classic in waiting

Well, that's where you're wrong, it was because it was soft tooling as Jacko said.

As well as the soft tooling, the production line in Cologne was needed to make another car at the end of 2001 / beginning of 2002.

And out of the 140,000 ish sold, Ford only had a contract with yamaha for 100,000 1.7 engines for which the Puma was adapted from the Fiesta for originally.

Apparently.

well arnt they redoing the puma in to that ugly thing, theres a post about it sumwhere

A good friend of mine was the finance supremo at Ford who signed off the Puma project to production.

It's one of the things of which he remains proud (now retired)

As has been said the Puma maintained a waiting list through most of its product life and was discontinued when the Fiesta floorpan on which it was built went out of production

i am not a big fan of the Festers i think they look ugly as sin they should have just kept going with the puma I would be interested to see if they had thought about a MK2 puma
XIIVVX said:
A good friend of mine was the finance supremo at Ford who signed off the Puma project to production.

It's one of the things of which he remains proud (now retired)

As has been said the Puma maintained a waiting list through most of its product life and was discontinued when the Fiesta floorpan on which it was built went out of production

i would like to read up on this anyone know where the topic is?
Qwertben said:
well arnt they redoing the puma in to that ugly thing, theres a post about it sumwhere

The Puma was tied into the Yamaha contract, Ford had to use the engine in something.

Once that imperative had gone the launch of a new version of such a tiny niche product would have been of little interest to Ford, who were at that time struggling with massive problems across the world

As you are interested it might be worth keeping your eyes open for Ford's

"Puma - The Inside Story"

on e-Bay.

New owners were given this I think when they signed up for the official Owners Club (I certainly have a copy)

Grims_Puma said:
make me a copy and send it to me:)
How much do these go for on ebay?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=puma+inside+story&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=puma+book&_osacat=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XIIVVX said:
As you are interested it might be worth keeping your eyes open for Ford's

"Puma - The Inside Story"

on e-Bay.

New owners were given this I think when they signed up for the official Owners Club (I certainly have a copy)
what does it include?

is it worth the £17 ebay price?

ill take a look at home, my work computer wont let me access ebay thanks though
Dal said:
Grims_Puma said:
make me a copy and send it to me:)
How much do these go for on ebay?

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=puma+inside+story&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313&_odkw=puma+book&_osacat=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back