Won't Start - Alarm?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintGrimm

Basically my car snapped a gear linkage 3 weeks ago. Since that time it has been at my friends hotel doing nothing.

Went to it today, bodged the linkage and then went to start it to find the battery was completely flat.

So I jump started it, the lights came on but when I put the key in - nothing happened. The started turned once and since then has never turned again. If I try and force it then it just clicks really loudly.

Has anyone got a picture of the fuel reset switch? I pressed a red button but it hasn't made any difference.

The little alarm light is flashing which makes me think that maybe the car isn't recognising the key?

Been looking for the spare to no avail.

Does anyone know the exact price of getting Ford to reset the key? If it's over £80 I'll probably just scrap the car.

try a fully charged battery on it 1st then think about looking at other options,until its charged you cant diagnose anything correctly,and if you jumped it and it clicked then you didnt leave it long enough to get a decent charge into it 1st

martinthrapston said:
try a fully charged battery on it 1st then think about looking at other options,until its charged you cant diagnose anything correctly,and if you jumped it and it clicked then you didnt leave it long enough to get a decent charge into it 1st

It's on a trickle charge :) so I should find out tomorrow. What I am wondering is if it is an alarm-related issue then how much will Ford be charging me? They are already attempting to rape me by charging £60 for the gear linkage.

just get battery on it 1st then see if it starts,no point in thinking of other things that might be wrong until battery is fitted

The battery is now on a trickle charger until I go check on it in the morning.

Unfortunately I didn't have a towing vehicle so the car is at a friends 10 miles away and suffice to say they aren't too happy so trying to get a quick turn around :p

Flat battery was the cause!

In the end, after leaving it charging over night. So with that issue solved, I built a temporary gear linkage out of cable ties and managed to drive the Puma 10 miles back to my house.

Suffice to say, when I pulled into the turn around in front of my house I felt like Macgyver/James Bond/That dude from 24 all rolled into one :grin:

309260_521706187881984_780228176_n.jpg

MacGyver step away :p

Back