Yip's Loooong Drawn Out Car Search!!! (CONCLUDED!!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had more fun in a metro Gta than most other cars on the country lanes, took off like a rocket and handled pretty well too! And it cost me £200 with 12 months MOT. I'd love one to put on the track!

The Panda and Metro were actually excellent handling cars, both bought on the cheap in less than good financial times. Panda was £110 with FSH and only 30 something k on the clock and the MG Metro was £50 off a mate and suprisingly quick. Both being hilarious fun and lasting quite a while before I moved on. The Panda was sold for a tenner in perfect condition and I part ex'd the Metro for a Charade GTti.......that one NOT being a crap car Mr F Donger....lol ;)

Lol ...... This is why I love the internet and car forums lol .......

It was tongue in cheek!!! Car opinion is like politics we all have different opinions and think we are all right lol !!!!!!!!!

(there does seem to be a lot of "sheep" on here baa baa lol)

Hollywood said:
I had more fun in a metro Gta than most other cars on the country lanes, took off like a rocket and handled pretty well too! And it cost me £200 with 12 months MOT. I'd love one to put on the track!
Trouble is most metro gta's fell to peices or rusted away? Lol

Maybe that is why we see so alot of Metro GTA's as track cars :thumbs:

Buy a Daytona Blue 350Z with a set of Volks and a twin turbo setup and I'll marry you, that is all! :lol:

Same goes for an RX8 R3 in blue or white with anthracite coloured alloys! :p

dscf0479e.jpg

No the Rx8 with the wankel :lol: :lol: engines have really bad engine problems , drink oil like water and are costly to own, owned 2 before ran one as a company car lol.

The rx7 with the twin turbo setup although old school was a better car but OLD lol ........

That blue one is an RX8 vix if that's what you mean and funnily enough I saw one yesterday for a quite suprising £5,500, 2006 model with 231bhp with only 30 odd thousand miles iirc. They really go for peanuts as people are put off by fuel costs and the rotor tips. If they've been started and not taken over a certain rpm until warmed up properly for the first few 1000 miles of their lives they're fine. Proving that's been the case is nigh on impossible.

A lot of car for the money all the same.

Just had a quick browse on Ebay and they're even cheaper than the one I saw yesterday....HOW CHEAP!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2008-57-MAZDA-RX-8-231-PS-BLUE-/300605164002?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item45fd76c9e2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably nothing Ben, as I said before, people are scared off them by rumours of failing engines but if they are compression tested first that worry can be negated. The high fuel costs are a worry to many also but at the end of the day your getting a smart looking fast coupe for next to nothing.

I am seriously thinking about one of these now just for a punt as I can't exactly loose much money on one and if it's a good car I'd be saving a fortune on outlay to spend on petrol....lol.

Need to make a few phone calls!!

You are right about the compression tests but do read up a bit as they are lot of "lemons" and issues relating to the wankel i.e engine flooding blah blah ba ba ba

The cars can only really be worked on by mazda and the problem is like other dealers the quality of the mazda dealers vary from area to area unless you live in japan lol

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f11b97c/0

Yip, that one I posted a picture of was an RX8 R3, not a standard RX8.
The R3 has different bumpers / rear valance and different alloys.

Huge softspot for both the Rexes! (goes out and buys lottery ticket) :p

EDIT: Make sure you get one with the beautiful leather seats as well!

a friend of mine has recently bought an rx7 and she loves it and actually uses it as a daily driver and can get her child seat in the passenger seat (no chance in the back so her partner is put back there lol)

if it was mine i would be going out looking for something old and jap, skyline r34/33/32, toyota supra single turbo, or mazda rx7 single turbo

on the other hand there are some newer jap cars that are as rare, a nissan sylvia(the latest one) or the newer honda intergra type r

You forgot the mention the RX-8's engine flooding problems too!If it was me I'd have a BMW M5 in a heartbeat!

The new Renesis engines don't flood....apparently. This new engine is supposed to be far superior to the old one even though it's the same power. Just what I read....lol.

Vix, sorry, read your comment out of context. Yes RX7's are bloody nice :eek:k: and why couldn't you see me in one apart from them and me being too old.....lol

Marcus, I like the R3's a lot. At first I thought an 06 plate which would creep into band K tax bracket, after 23rd March 06 they are band M (what a f'in load of bollox!!!), so have been looking for 05/06 ones with sat nav. Then I spotted the PZ (Prodrive-OZ) ones with the much better suspension setup but can't find one with sat nav and very few were registed pre-23rd. Then I thought sod it, screw the tax, look at the R3's as they're much better looking but I can't find one with a bloody sat nav either....lol.

Had a chat earlier with a member off here as he had one and he said it was a fantastic car, had no problems with it at all as most of the rumours are inflated (which I've also read). He only got rid as it was costing so much in petrol but I can get my head round that as I don't do much driving with working from home and hell, it's about time I started spending my cash instead of counting it....pmsl

I actually asked the local LPG installer about doing one a few years back but can't remember the full conversation plus I don't think there is anywhere discreet to put the cylinder/tank.

Gonna have a drive around the local garages tomorrow and get a decent look at them and maybe a spin out in one.....better have a shave...lol ;)

Back