Yip's Loooong Drawn Out Car Search!!! (CONCLUDED!!)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yippeekiay said:
The new Renesis engines don't flood....apparently.

When was that fitted from?

I have a friend with a three year old one and trust me, it floods. Took the RAC guy about twenty minutes to get it started

yippeekiay said:
Oh...have to say. I really like the look of this one....

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3287205.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice interior, horrible bodykit.

XIIVVX said:
When was that fitted from?

I have a friend with a three year old one and trust me, it floods. Took the RAC guy about twenty minutes to get it started
August 2008 on (facelifted R3 model) but as I've said above it's only what I've read so please don't shoot the messenger ;)

The flooding problem is/was caused by short journeys when the engine hadn't had time to warm up properly, pretty similar to the Puma in respect to not liking short journeys....lol. I also believe not warming up the cars before revving above a certain rpm was the cause of the premature rotor tip wear in the past thus the reason for loss of compression. I believe the newer model of the car stops this from happening as it restricts the rpm until the engine is warmed up. How that works in practice I don't know but I guess you can never be in a hurry from the get go in one....lol.

It certainly seems that they need a bit more attention regarding oil care/checking (the new engine actually injects a small amount of oil to protect the rotors) and engine warming than a normal engine pretty much like a highly tuned engine and it's also very clear which people have followed the guidelines and which haven't when you see some cars with knackered engines at 50k or less and others running well over 100k with no problems whatsoever. Some people nowadays think all cars can simply run forever without ever having to check simple things like oil, yet another similarity with the Puma 1.7 but not as pronounced.

You'd have thought anyone buying them (or any car for that matter) would have done a little research into a car they were after so would know any foibles or at least being informed of anything from the seller but I guess most sellers will keep anything that could be seen as adverse to themselves.

I've just had a crisis! :oops:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-RX8-R3-Stunning-Example-/130582361727?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6750b67f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

martinthrapston said:
what about the holden maloo pickup ???? :-D

Been watching Dave? :p

Sorry Yip, it's just a bit rude-boy racer to me! I want one though! have a colleague who writes them off regularly and been out with him...also let him drive mine for some reason :!:

Marcus000 said:
I've just had a crisis! :oops:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-RX8-R3-Stunning-Example-/130582361727?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1e6750b67f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Keep your hands off boyo!!!!. I'm just writing him a message to go and view it!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a fan of Red but it looks beautifull ;)

Does look nice and is the latest version , low mileage and looking at the ebay advert he seems to be answering questions openly and he has a 263 rating !!!!!!!!!

Yep, everything is certainly in order from first impressions. He's had them for years and knows the score so that's the sort of one I need to be looking at.

A little concerned that it hasn't had a service since last May as I'm not sure if that'll void the warranty although there's only a few months left on it anyway.

Have you asked the question why? My only concern would be because the Mazda's are known to have issues in earlier models I would be more fussy about regular servicing unless like on the audi's you can have a mileage related servicing interval?

Ah, maybe you could be right on the mileage interval...not sure. Plus with only 5k on the clock it hasn't reallly done any miles to warrant another service I suppose. I will ask when I go to see it if he can make the time as he's out of the country. Seems silly being away the exact time he wants to sell it :?

A quick look on go compare brings up a price of £450 fully comp.....only £100 more than the bloody Puma was last year.

Worth an RAC check, 5k is very low 2.5k a year.......

You can only run credit checks lol car is too new for an MOT check .......

Interesting that he publishes official fuel consumption figures.

My guess is he is getting a lot less in the real world.

The flooding issue showed in my friends RX when we had to move it on the drive to shuffle cars. She should have driven it round the block a few times, but didn't, so the next day it just wouldn't start without the RAC

Went to have a look at one today (RX8 R3), on a 58 in grey only a few miles away. Got there and the bugger wasn't even there, it's at a different garage....idiots. Why advertise it at that garage.....grrrrr

Across the road there was one so went and had a look at that, was on a 54 and only £3991 hehe. It wasn't mint to say the least but I was still standing there scratching my head as to the price.....lol.

Of course I saw lots of other cars and my head starting spinning again, 370z, Clio Sports, VXR's, Audi's etc....even looking at SRI Insignia's and Astra's a year old or so old. Sooooo nice.

I hate car shopping!!!!!!!!

Hehe...that's my problem. I do....then I see more cars and I'm a mess again. Must be old age as years ago if I saw something I liked I would buy it and not be swayed by anything else.

I just looked at that red RX8 and I'm happy again.....if only the git would return my e-mail ffs. Dunno if it's just me but if I was selling something for 10k I'd be checking it regularly for interest. If I find out that sale ends before he even gets back into the country then he's a bigger idiot than the XKR owner. Who the hell tries to sell a car without expecting or being available for anyone to come and view it before stumping up the cash :?

I see a pattern emerging again :|

I know the feeling Yip. I'm making my Beige Box replacement shortlist already, and I'm lurching wildly from Smart Roadsters to (whisper it), Subaru Imprezas :oops:

Neil said:
I know the feeling Yip. I'm making my Beige Box replacement shortlist already, and I'm lurching wildly from Smart Roadsters to (whisper it), Subaru Imprezas :oops:

Only if it's a P1 :wub:

Latest posts

Back