Upgrading Central Locking IR to RF

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

er_kapil

Hello Guys,

I know this topic is discussed over and over here, but haven't been able to find the answer I have been looking for.. so here goes..

I have a following module fitted on my 1998 1.4 silver :)
scaled.php

and I am planning to replace with one of these
scaled.php

well, simply because I have to stand right next to the receiver in front my wind screen to lock and unlock my car.. which looks really daft guys... honestly, as I am trying to do it "REMOTELY".

well, questions..

1) Any "how to do it" guides.. much appreciated ofcourse
2) Wiring diagram on 96 FG 15K600 FB would help a lot to identify correct wires.

ooh.. and btw.. what does this little box do attached at the bottom of the central lock module, I have no idea..
scaled.php

Thanks in advance :)

cheers.

Hi everyone!

I know i'm refreshing old and common topic but i'm trying to mod central locking in my 1.7 1997 Puma and i cant find answers anywhere :-(
i've got my own relay module and i already know where is "comfort module" in my Puma, but still have some troubles whith proper connection... so here are some important questions:

1)which wire coming out from 96 fg 15k600 fb is responsible for opening doors and which is used for closing? the thinner comming out of connector or the thicker one comming direcly out of "comfort module"? which colour?

2)is central lock monostable or bistable? do you need to have constans +12v on specific wire to have doors open/close or all you need is impulse?

3) do i need to disconnect these two wires completly from cenral locking module or all i need to do is just cross it with wire coming out from my relay module?

i would appreciate any help :)

well the gain is that RF works... when i have the sun up... it just kills the IR signal... :(

Latest posts

Back