1.7 suddenly starting to lose alot of coolant

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hora

Started off with a 5mm drop so topped up. Now its a few inches on the expansion tank and getting worse.

Garage (over the phone) said it could be a leak from the front (common) where all the black plastic is?!

Yes- on the drive last night (I never leave the car on the drive as its a bugger to park)- The puddle corresponds towards the offside front corner. I'm guessing its at the front corner.

I hope not. It could lead to me getting rid of the Puma. Full Ford history but already one of the ABS sensors needs replacing before its MOT's due (Feb) so another largish expense and I'd sell it for spares or repair.

Pity. I really like it but when I bought it I decided that any big bills would mean its gone.

thermostat housing isnt a big deal to replace, neither is the pipes, water pump is more of a deal but still not deal breaking, it can be done without removing the cam belt

We both had a good nosey- its under the waterpump area. I suppose a good thing (if it is the water pump) is its linked to the alternator belt on the puma and not the cambelt. The water/residue is sitting on some sort of floor plate and (powersterring line which runs underneath everything).

Cars being left overnight with the garage.

It is the waterpump- confirmed. I've been quoted 150 to replace. About right?

Back