16 x 7.5j

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedeltahf

I know there is some info on here but cant seem to find any exact ref to this size.

will 16 x 7.5 ET35 wheels fit?

I assume with 225 40 or 45 16 tyres.

just a bit worried about the width either rubbing inside or sticking out past the arches too far.

I'd be using 215/40/16 (what I do use) which will give the closest possible diameter to standard with a 16". However the inner rim is 20mm closer to the strut, which will rub like buggery on anything more than 60% lock (rough estimate). The rim pokes out 18mm further than standard, so get some 20mm spacers and you'll be fine on the inside. However you'll be poking out slightly at the front and if you want to lower it then you'll run into problems.

Have a play on http://www.willtheyfit.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see what works out best.

yea sorry meant 215 not 225

suspension is standard height and wont be lowering

so is that just 20mm spacers on the front to stop it scrubbing on full lock? and rears ok as is?

Well the front track is 39mm wider as standard so if you put another 40mm on top it will look pretty naff in my book. 20mm all round will keep the difference the same but will be generally wider. At the back you'll have no poke problems because of the narrower track, and you can get hub spacers for them, which are on eBay or some members may be flogging a pair.

Spacing the fronts is another story because you have to get extended studs to replace the originals and that requires separating the mounting face from the knuckle, which I had to use a bearing press to do. Unless you have access to one or can get your hands on a pair of hubs fitted with long studs or get some bolt on spacers, it's quite a job.

I have replaced the studs on my hubs more than once whilst they were on the car. Bang and old one out with a reasonable sized mallet, position the new stud in it's place. Put on some washers with same I/D as the stud and wind on a suitable sized nut (a standard wheel nut works as it is hollow). You will need to put a bar between two of the remaining studs to brace on, then tighten up your new stud using your nut. It will pull itself in.

Edit: I didn't have washers, if I remember correctly I used to standard puma wheelnuts - the first one went on back to front (flat face against up) the second went on normal way around)

Sounds like a faff but it took me about 20 minutes to replace the studs in one hub - first time I'd done it and I'd only had an explanation via text from a rally mechanic. Takes very few tools and a lot less money/hassle!

I'm guessing yours doesn't have ABS. With the rings there's no way the studs can come out in place, unless the design was changed at some point.

Back