2014 Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulQ

I was considering what a 2014 Puma would look like. The first thing is that Ford has used the grill from the Aston Martin as a motif. Obviously, it would still be based on the Fiesta, so that presented no problem – get a photo of the front of a Fiesta and squash it down. However, once you do this, the car starts to look very much like an Aston Martin.

The Fiesta side view was interesting. Along with the grill, Ford have used the scaled up rear end of a Fiesta as the design for the Aston Martin Vanquish, or vice versa, and this fits in perfectly with the way I imagine the side view of the rear of the 2014 Puma to be.

For the rear, I took a Vanquish, cut the photo below the windscreen and reduced it in width and a little in height and refitted it.

I did the same with the rear: cut the photo below the rear screen and reduced it in width and a little in height and refitted it.

The thing is that the 2014 Puma comes out as a shortened and squashed Aston Martin Vanquish.
14821027723_70872d7bd4_b.jpg

If there is anyone out there with greater image manipulation skills, and there must be, have a go.

If anyone from Ford is reading this, please make me one.
14614630988_70d91585a8_b.jpg

Something like this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/32951/ford-s-baby-cat-getting-ready-pounce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't like that concept. They've tried to make it look like the Fiesta..

I think Paul is on the right track with the squashed Aston, it's actually looks a more logical progression for the wee cats.

Blue3 said:
Something like this

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/32951/ford-s-baby-cat-getting-ready-pounce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd never seen that before. I see it's from 2009, so the design has probably changed again.

Strangely enough, it reminded me of the Datsun Cherry 120A
datsun-120a-05.jpg

which in their day were a good car.

(True story: Back in the 70's, I bought a Datsun Cherry 120A for £400. That evening, I parked it half on the pavement and up against a lamppost. I was woken in the morning by a big bang. The neighbour's foot had slipped of his clutch and he had reversed his Landrover into the Datsun and squashed it against the lamppost - front and rear were written off. An insurance assessor can round and offered me £600 and said he'd write it off and I could keep it. I accepted. Three days later, I sold the wreck for £200. - Total profit £400.)

Latest posts

Back