418 is of to get the new engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes the problem is the turbo car is so damn good I am spoilt now..320 bhp is very good in a car of 1 ton it flies in 3,4,and 5th...I don't use it in second or first when on full power, it will break the box i reckon. have you changed the gears in your box then Ryan, I could do with a higher 4th and fifth gear, although i would not want to go above 150 mph in a puma, they are very spin happy...

I have not changed the gears in mine its just geared way too high for the revs now so i am either getting a shorter final drive ratio or a quaife straight cut gear kit, thats if i can put up with the whine in my road car. My frp feels perfectly safe at 150 :)

oh yes of course your revving to 9000, thats another 2000 on my turbo...I would assume with 230 bhp you can pull around 160 mph, max...at is normal gearing too but at 7000 I am only doing 140. mine feels fine there but I have to say I have not managed to sort the Gaz coil-overs and the brakes are still not right yet...so 150 plus would be awful with my turbo car...I have a new set to fit but have been fiddling with the coil-overs I have not had time to do the brakes...and now the manifold has split it is awaiting the new manifold.

looked like metal fatigue to me, but I have to say that it gets so hot and I wonder if the metal is actually thick enough..or of the right quality...but its just a guess.

well some good news some bad...the manifold looks like it has been damaged by the exhaust taking a hit on my drive, I blame that on these damn Gaz coilovers, or is it...chris is going to check under the car becuase something is still catching that usi ng 400ft lb springs the hardest that gaz said they did...sure they can do harder but maybe it isnt the springs and something else is going on...

so manifold was good, exhaust was good but took the hit and damaged the manifold and a few other bits on the turbo...chris sorting but now need to find out why she is still rubbing, perhaps something is damaged under there that I have missed...
Chris is going to see if he can raise the exhaust a tad to give me a few more millimeteres of clearance...

yes chris's work is spot on....was a bit peeved at first but happier now...cant wait to get the car back but am annoyed with the Gaz coilovers...think I will go back to the original suspension, i have a few sets of new units...they will last me longer than the cars I have thats for sure...

I still have the std car but we have plans to fit a mild turbo to it early next year...then i will be sorting them out dynamically as a set..

I am sure I have somewhere and will do so once I have them all here again...been a bit hectic with work...and other projects...like getting married and stuff...

my plan is this...

n/a will stay with std suspension
turbo going with bigger rotors on the brakes and new alcons, I have a few sets of them...and maybe 450 lb ft springs...
turbo 2 is going with a roll cage and mild 250 bhp engine, std suspension for now...will be more than enough for full on track fun...
car four is in bits and will never be rebuilt I reckon but we may be wrong...now I have my mechanic doing my projects on Wednsedays every week we may just get somewhere with it...mid you he has three buggys, a nissan 300zx and subaru svx with legacy gerbox and turbo to fit (gearbox in turbo to be fitted, only a really mild one just to boost power to 250-260 bhp, and then add a bit of nirtous for those extra moments..so maximum 300 bhp...then he has to fix the tow morris hot rods and the riley Monaco...al a lot of fun...but a lot of work..

I had an F type v6 400 bhp this week for a play and I can honestly say it is the best jag i have ever driven, and I can honestly say it is not as fast as my turbo puma, or certainly doesn't feel as fast, it certainly does not feel as planted as my puma, at 130 mph the jag jiggles and wobbles, not much just tiny amounts to make you feel a bit wary of going any faster...my puma just wants to go faster, but at 140 the puma feels unsafe..

Jag is a beautiful car though and a step change again from the Puma...still love my puma's but the jag would be a nice car to waste fuel in, 10-15 mpg likely...

so after all the messing Chris is having to build me a new manifold, wont see it now until likely end of November just as winter arrives...

N/a is being rebuilt as he was not happy with the tolerances with the big valves but its coming along and should be ready in a couple of weeks...thats going to be a lot of fun...cannot wait to get that baby on the road...she will scream...

just checking out if I can fit some 750cc injectors to up the power to 350 or 360 plus...will be perfect..maybe a tad more...

will then have my n/a ready, been a bit of a problem with it and the pistons...Chris will sort...

will then build the mild turbo for the other car, 250 bhp, for a more relaxed drive... and less frenetic power

will then fit the final engine into my turbo puma with the aachen turbo installation...

should then have three quick enough racing pumas and one sweet little turbo puma that is reliable enough to use daily...I love these cars...

Turbo car nearly ready for dyno-ing, it will be very interesting where she comes out power wise with the bigger injectors...350 plus at least...

okay looks like she will be going to the dyno sometime next week, am getting impatient now...

n/a is still a while away, taking a long time to be honest...

have started work on the std car, having it fitted with a roll cage and then will give it to chris for modification into a mild turbo install, for track days, say around 250 bhp...will be more than enough for it..

then going to finally start building 088 the empty shell into a nice road car..with the std engine...and nitrous just for those extra moments...

got to get an old std engine for cHris to build a stronger bottom end for me to fit the van aachen turbo system to it...will then get up to 12 psi and she shoudl then give me 180 to 200 bhp with the saab turbo...the injectors wont do much more I would have thought

went up to see chris the other day working on car this and next week, cannot wait to get them back on the road...

in the meantime i have bought myself a lotus S4s...and typical of me I have ordered new injectors, new chip for the ecu and am getting her upgraded to 350 bhp...i could go for 400 but that needs the turbo upgrading, may leave that until i have run her as is for a while, the engine was rebuilt two years ago and is basically new...

also took delivery of my latest toy today...
take a look

https://www.facebook.com/TheColdWarCollection" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back