Air Sensor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puman Being said:
K&N Panel filters are apparently the best for these cars?

Yeh panel filters are good for performance but give no noise. Thats the benefit of open cones, no real gain in power but great sound, which is what I want, and dont have money for an exhaust yet u see.

I had a cone filter on mine for a bit, but got sick of it after a while and went back to standard. I really wouldnt bother, get the exhuast instead. There is an article in the august fast ford that tests the three types of air filter. Apparently the sealed ones like viper run coldest, though they arnt brave enough to say it gives you more power. This is a bit of a given though.

DradusContact said:
I had a cone filter on mine for a bit, but got sick of it after a while and went back to standard. I really wouldnt bother, get the exhuast instead. There is an article in the august fast ford that tests the three types of air filter. Apparently the sealed ones like viper run coldest, though they arnt brave enough to say it gives you more power. This is a bit of a given though.

Same here, i put a CAI on my Ford Probe (Probe heads rave about them) and all it did was make a nice noise,
the performance was better with the standard air box, it seemed to run out of breath earlier at higher revs and the fuel consumption went up as well, waste of time imo.

im sure some are fooled into thinking just because its louder, its faster.

Ive read of plenty of people saying they don't work so well with puma's.
most just fit a Panel filter in the standard airbox and remove the sound reducer in the airbox (forgotten the technical name for it... EDIT is it anti-Resonance Box or something? )

On a more serious note, i knew of someone who had a cone filter pointing down toward the floor (best place for cold air) and went through a some puddles in bad weather, car stalled because the filter was flooded with water, ended up with a knackered engine because the conrods went through the block....

Latest posts

Back