Another abs problem!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Hello, If anyone's got any suggestions it'd be much appreciated!

I'm having issues with my ABS. A few weeks ago the light came on, then went off again, then back on a few times for 2 or 3 days until it was constantly on. Just after doing the self check it made a constant grinding noise similar to the self check and whenever the pedal was pressed it felt solid as thought the abs was on. I checked all fuses (all ok) then disconnected them so I'd have brakes just without abs.

I've checked the resistance on all sensors, driver's side was 1086, nearside 1026 and the rears were 1006 and 1008, cleaned all sensors and put the fuses back in and it was all working again for 2 days.

This morning the light came on again and it did it's 'constant on' thing so I've taken the fuses out again so at least it's drivable.

Now I'm not sure where to look or what to do! Any ideas?

Another classic puma fault it's got is the heater. I changed the HCV at the beginning of January using ford parts and the temp dial does now change the temp from cold to hot but it's not 100% fixed.
On hot it mainly blows out warm air with the occasional blast of hot and every so often loses temp all together then back to warm. Could this be an air lock?

After tonight I've got 4 days off so I'll tackle it then, Thanks for reading!

Hi Darren : It could be your rear abs rings. See this post for details:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Does sound like a possible airlock.

Excellent thanks. I changed a rear wheel bearing last month so it could well be this! The ring looked ok at the time but I'll change both sides and see what happens.

Thanks again. :grin:

Update!

I changed both rear rings and it everything was ok for 73 miles! Now the light will be on for a day or 2 then off for a day or 2. It's stopped doing the constantly on thing where the pedal goes hard so changing the rear rings must've fixed something back there! What else is there that fails/ anything else I need to check?

Latest posts

Back