Black puma project - e3silversurfer

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good work. You're obviously very persistent with the sanding - must take ages. Will be interesting to see what that shape looks like on a Puma - they're quite unusual!

Got home yesterday and started spraying the alloys. started with a layer of primer:

[albumimg]1685[/albumimg]

first alloys resprayed. well not too bad but needs some touch up in some areas as I think i sprayed too much in some areas causing a little runs... can be put right with some wet&sand emery paper.

First sample:

[albumimg]1686[/albumimg]

[albumimg]1687[/albumimg]

needs some rubbing down and polishing imo... thinking of applying another coat after that and rub down again.

managed to finish 2 before the weather becomes too cold... hope to prime the other 2 and I need to get another 2 cans of white gloss paint...

to be continued...

[albumimg]1688[/albumimg]

They look cool in white...like a pair of trainers lol

Gotta do white calipers FTW!

white calipers are going to be hard to keep white... calipers are silver at the moment..... but they have a bad case of brake dust and grease that they look horrible at the moment..... I might put my original 258mms back on to refurb the current ones maybe sometime during summer...

after doing a little research on the rear lights, I managed to get hold of a dealer that sells pre-fabricated lamp units like these

bef3_1.JPG

62b7_1.JPG

0687_1.JPG

Am thinking of converting the rear tail/brake lamp into a TAIL LED RING and centre Brake lamp module.

Have to acquire a set of rear lamps for expriment first. shouldnt take a long time to modify imo.

Might got crazy and do 3 tail rings for each side if he is able to give me a good discount on the units ;)

"watch this space" i guess :)[/img]

Elvin have you seen what blueangel has done? they look pretty good, bit expensive for me but i appreciate the effort he has put into them.

yup saw it but i think it is quite expensive and I prefer something I can do on my own :)

what i have found seems to be do-able and under £100 and doesnt require a long time to complete.

I am thinking of doing 6 Tail rings for all 6 lamp outputs and signal, brake and reverse in the middle of them :)

dealer is getting back to me with prices after the weekend.

if budget is a concern, i think most people can just do the tail/brake light only. that is under £100 and not too difficult to mod.

e3silversurfer said:
i got it hooked up to the ignition so when it is powered on, the EL would turn on.

[albumimg]643[/albumimg]

looking at the green ambient glow from the dash, I think i might need to change it to some other colour to make it look nicer... not sure if this is nice:

[albumimg]644[/albumimg]

oh man that first pic looks bad ass!! I want. is it an easy mod to do? expensive?

it is not very difficult. all you need to know is how to get the dials out, and some glue (i used PVA glue to secure it on) the EL dials cost roughly about £30+-

its just unscrewing and unbolting. and rescrewing and rebolting really. nothing very difficult about that. (get yourself a copy of the FORD PUMA Technical service CD off ebay and you will see how easy it is ;) )

trimmer82 said:
where'd you get the kit from? for them sexay dials

Theyr fairly simple and straight forward to fit as I also have these on mine :)

Latest posts

Back