Black puma project - e3silversurfer

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needing Road Tax = need MOT = need to change tyres = might as well use the wheels i refurbed myself :p

pics (excuse quality, taken with handphone)

[albumimg]2764[/albumimg]

[albumimg]2763[/albumimg]

they are 16" mondeo ST24 alloy wheels and with 195/45/16 tyres. drives better thanlow profile 17" alloys imo. Might refurb the ST170 alloys and might sell them off we shall see.

anyway failed MOT, rusty brake pipes grrr... the bugger passed it last year and failed this year?? I dont see any huge difference from the rustiness since last year.... nevermind, excuse for me to get these :p

aw11-kit.gif

looking to fit them on wednesday...

does anyone know how to bleed rear brake drum/shoes?? never done it before :(

e3silversurfer said:
used wet and sand 600 first. and then switch down to 2500 or the finest you an get

rub like crazy at first... takes the entire day to complete. no dremel. it is too destructive for elegant work :p

ford had a layer of silver paint on top of the aluminium. you will have to rub down quite hard (due to it being very smooth) to "eat" into the paint and carry on attacking it from there.

Hi, I have just come across your post whilst doing a search on cleaning up my scratched gear knob... I'm amaized at the results!

When you say "Wet and Sand 600" & then "2500" is that a type of sand paper? Sorry if that's a stupid question :oops:

Mine is currently scratched pretty badly from the previous owner wearing a ring on their left hand :-( so either needs repairing or replacing.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Yes 600 is rougher (coarse, although still a very fine 'grit') then 2500 which is much finer grit to give it a smooth finish.

http://woodzone.com/Merchant2/articles/sandpaper/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

*The above link gives a nice overview but as it's for wood and not automotive the table doesn't go anywhere near 2500 grit.

hello, soory for the late reply, yup it is a type of sandpaper. the number is the grade of it. the smaller the number, the coarser/rougher it gets. I am doing my 2nd gear knob now and am using a grade of 150. i think it is good for removing the paint fast and i will smooth it out using 600 then 2500 as I go along and that should save me loads of time.

After the 2500 grit, try some crocus paper if you can find some ;)

http://www.m-p.co.uk/muk/parts/chap10/0482000115.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello guys, just an update here as I have just repaired my rusty arches and got a new paint job at the same time. Nothing much done to the interior and they are all the same as I left it sometime back. I might need to change the title of this thread as well lol.

Here's a few pics of it when I got it back yesterday evening and a pic from this morning.

182888_10151050643185281_171256812_n.jpg

206074_10151050642840281_242396708_n.jpg

599182_10151050642540281_697908127_n.jpg

Some work still outstanding on the vehicle:
- replace rusty window sill seals
- repair/replace boot lid trim
- replace door sill protector plates
- change brake disc and pads (routine)
- figure out why fog lights do not work...
- speedo unit, rev counter, petrol and temp guage, digital mileage not working... hmmmm

Another white one!!!!!! Looks good :grin: Mines nearly finished.... different kinda white to yours though ;p :eek:k:

Are the insides of the headlights white too?

Sparx said:
Another white one!!!!!! Looks good :grin: Mines nearly finished.... different kinda white to yours though ;p :eek:k:

Are the insides of the headlights white too?

The inside of the head lights is just chrome silver. I did them a long time ago back in 2007 :)

Hello there :) long time no see. I had just changed the colour of the puma so thought I would do an update on the project thread. Never thought that there are so many white ones now lol.

Holy thread resurrection batman! Good to see you Elvin.. glad to see the Puma is still happy!

Is it hard to spray the inside of the headlights? And what spray did you use? Do they not get mega hot inside?

Latest posts

Back