Boot popper/button

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BChi

Hey guys.

The button on the back that opens the boot only works when key is inserted and turned!

Any ideas?

The boot button on the fob doesn't work either! Don't know if the the are related or not.

Anyone else had this and fixed it?

Thanks karlos

BChi said:
Hey guys.

The boot button on the fob doesn't work either! Don't know if the the are related or not.

Anyone else had this and fixed it?

Thanks karlos

Are you pressing the fob boot button twice?
You may need to replace the battery and reprogram the fob for central locking.

Yep double pressing and just put new battery in!

Doors lock and unlock from the fob.

On my old puma I never had the boot button on the key. While I had the alarm disconnected I could only open the boot with the key.

The boot solenoid is easy enough to change over but you have to take off you rear bumper to do it.

lusid666 said:
The boot solenoid is easy enough to change over but you have to take off you rear bumper to do it.

:cry: hmmm! That sounds like an excuse to fit coilovers and new exhaust lol. :lol:

Just before you splash out for a new solenoid take out the rear panel carpet and there's an earth over to the passenger side of the car. My boot didn't work on the button but checked lots of connections and when I unscrewed and re-tightened this earth it worked, total cost...nowt!

tuonokid said:
Just before you splash out for a new solenoid take out the rear panel carpet and there's an earth over to the passenger side of the car. My boot didn't work on the button but checked lots of connections and when I unscrewed and re-tightened this earth it worked, total cost...nowt!

Awesome. Will try and try that today! Thanks peeps

Back