Car is locked

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobman

Hi all

Today I have just bought a puma

Was told it had a problem wiv the locks, anyway when I got home wiv the car I locked it up and decided to see wot the problem is

I now can't get in the car

Remote doesn't work for some reason, was told this when I bought it

If I try and unlock with the key, it will turn towards the front of the car but will not turn towards rear of the car, this is both doors and the boot

When it's turn towards the front it makes a little click but nothin else, turnin towards the rear is like a dead stop,

My bonnet is not latched, I undid it before I got out thinkin the handle was a steering wheel adjust lol

Anyway I am now locked outa of the car, I have sprayed wd40 into the lock, plenty of it

Can anybody help, apart from smashing the window how can I get in without breaking anythin

Bob

When i got locked out i eventually got back in with lots of wd40 in the lock and using the passenger side lock really jiggle/shake the hell out of the key/lock when you try turning it... doing that mine just seemed to just go from nothing to working phew... i was so relieve....

failing that before you smash a window you could try a mobile autolock smith ...

If the key only turns one way it means it's not the right key for the lock as all Ford Tibbe keys will lock any other Ford

It sounds like the door locks either seized or it's been changed does it open the passenger side?

Facing-Brick_large.jpg

Try hooking up another battery with jump leads: weak current and stiff solenoids can be a problem. Oh, and whilst you've got the bonnet open, clean up the earths.

http://www.withoutakey.co.uk/ford-tibbe-pick-decoder/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These door locks always seize up over time.
Plenty of WD40 right inside the lock and some gentle persuasion with the key always worked for me.

Don't smash the window there's no need! pull back the door edge by the window then get a small piece of wood or something plastic so it doesn't damage the seal and wedge it open,then get a piece of wire and make a loop on the end,put it through the gap and hook it over the handle and pull hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back