central locking / key fob problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charliebear

Ive had a search around to see if i can find an answer to my problem, but im not 100% sure, so i'd thought id explain what the problem with my central locking is...

Theres 2 problems, the first one seems to have started this week, in that the remote locking (its a 2 button infra red key fob) seems to 'forget' the signal from the fob. I can reprogram the fob (nice and easy) and it will work straight away after doing that, but come back after an hour or more, it doesnt work!

Second one is locking and unlocking using the drivers door lock barrel. It locks it fine, but wont unlock (ive tried the 3 keys ive got to see if its a worn key as 2 of the keys ive got are brand new, but all do the same thing). Passenger side lock is fine, locks and unlocks no problem. Would this be a key barrel problem, or would it be something to do with the mechanism behind it?

Ive got a spare fob on its way to me that i bought off ebay (i can cope with potentially wasting £10 than the £68 from fords), as i like to have a spare just in case anyway.

Im useless when it comes to fords, though theres a lot of things which are really easy compared to what i do on toyotas every day!

any ford key will lock a car,but not unlock it,so i expect that the lock on the drivers side has been changed at somepoint,as for the remote,did you change the batteries ???

The fob has got brand new batteries in it. Might have to get the lock out at some point, as one of the guys i work with (whos an ex ford mechanic) has got all the stuff to rebuild the locks. I'll try another set of batteries in it to be sure.

Got a secondhand fob off eBay, changed the red chip over and programmed it in. Seems to be fine now, one day I'll get round to taking the lock out and rebuild that.

Latest posts

Back