Crankshaft Endfloat.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonB

By the book (3397) 0.22mm to 0.43mm.
I have a seriously stripped car right now, clutch was going so had to be done, and generally checking everything as I go.
Did a pretty primative check by pushing the flywheel in, measuring with a vernier caliper then pulling and measuring again. Quick bit of subtraction and came out with 0.4mm.
The measurement is within the specified limits, but near the top end and presumably will only get worse, is it time to think about replacing the engine (110k) with a lower mileage unit as i know this one has been run with not a lot of oil (had to add 2 litres)?
I was planning to replace the head gasket as you can see a bit of weepage and change cambelt etc anyway, but bottom end work is getting out of my comfort zone.
Thoughts of those that know please.

Had a think and I decided to change the engine.
Did a bit of looking around and discovered that #336 needed a new home, sorry to the fezza boys but that engine is going into a Puma.

I know it was within limits, but I also know it had been run with very low oil for a while. Seeing as I was planning to invest in a LSD gearbox, change the clutch, do the head gasket, cam belt, water pump and all the oil seals, I was a bit nervous of throwing £500+ of new bits at a block that had done 110k.
This way I have an engine that has only done 30k that requires no mods in the quest for power.

Back