dash problem, help PLEASE :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalisaNPumPumX

bought the car a couple weeks ago, everything on the dash apart from the fuel guage works, including the temperature guage... fitted a new sender unit as was told it could be that, didnt make a difference, someone else said to fit new clocks, did that but didnt make a difference either, rang a garage as a bit stuck, he said the only other thing would be to get an auto electrician?! i imagine this is gona be an expensive do! any1 help, please im desparate :(

yeah it was, but it was from a ford parts dealer and was assured that it would be in working order, so shouldnt be that really! couldnt find the problem anyway, so booked in with the garage tomorrow :( thanks anyway! x

let me know what the outcome is please am im havin the exact same problem with mine... i too changed the sensor and pump for a second hand unit to no avail..

Try disconnecting the fuel sender unit plug and shorting the 2 pins on the connector going back to the gauge, if your fuel guage shows fuel then its the sender unit. If not then the problem exists between the plug and the gauge (including gauge). Could be a break in the wire or even a loose connection.

If you have a digi dash and hold the trip reset down for about 10 secs when you turn your ignition on it will enter test mode, one of the first tests is a full dial test where all the dials should go from zero to full. It would be worth a try to figure out f the dials are working properly.

Back