daveski's 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveski

Ok, this isn't so much of a project thread as I'm not sure on the long term future of the car.

What it is though is a place for me to track all my expenditure with the car and how much I end up losing when I come to get rid (happens with all my cars)

Costs so far
£600 - Car
£118.25 - 6 months tax
£46.85 - Insurance increase including admin fee

Total - £765.10

The car will need a couple of tyres in the not too distant future and I'll need to get a fascia so I can fit my stereo then I'll just run it and see how it goes.

I would be tempted to do the same, but I think I would probably have a heart attack if I totalled it all up!!

re: fascia - get a proper Ford one, the eBay ones are gash.

FINIS 1143361 - around £15.

Can I pop into a ford dealer and order that?

I was tempted by a £3 ebay one, the one I had in my Focus was fine. Any idea if that will fit in the Puma?

Wicked, I'll get hold of some removal keys then change it.

Car was stood for a while before I bought it and is steaming up inside. Is there a common leaking point?

Cheers, I will check that out when I see the car in daylight next!

Fitted my stereo tonight with the fascia from my Focus and stuck the rear view mirror back on with so no more nails tape.

Another fiver spent.

Total - £770.10

Yeah I know. Be even worse when I start to keep an eye on how much fuel I use!

I've spent a lot of money on cars over the last couple of years.

brave man, I keep track in my head and obviosly forget things :? but will keep all the receipts I've got incase I want to sell the beast, which is unlikely. But I do want to start a project thread to. Look forward to seeing your progress :)

Z-fella said:
brave man, I keep track in my head and obviosly forget things :? but will keep all the receipts I've got incase I want to sell the beast, which is unlikely. But I do want to start a project thread to. Look forward to seeing your progress :)

Not sure they'll be much progress. Normal trend is to buy car, spend loads on it, sell it for huge loss a few months later.

This one I'm trying to not spend loads on it straight away but might get a few little bits.

Ok....so ignoring what I just said I may be buying a 300mm brake conversion.

I understand fitting these under 15s is a bit difficult but I would like to keep 15s for the cheaper tyres. Anyone have these brakes fitted under 15inch wheels?

Spacers like this be any good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24mm-Hubcentric-Spacers-to-fit-ALL-4-X108PCD-FORDS-USING-STUDS-NUTS-617-/390404756163?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5ae5efd2c3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had some 15mm ones fitted to one of my old Clios and didnt like the way the car drove with them on though

Easy enough to do?

There is someone who sells the kit with the calipers ground but these have come up a lot cheaper than those sets. Wondering if its worth the hassle.

Back