Differences in indicator stalks/wiring?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshMcD95

Hi all,

Bought my puma cheap on the basis of an electrical issue which turned out to be the stalks, however I'm now having a different issue!

With the replacement stalks installed, when I flash the headlights, they seem very temperamental- if i pull the stalk all the way back, the flash does not work, however if I only pull it back a fraction, the flash works. Everything else works as it should, and I've tried 2 replacement stalks and both do this, so I'm doubting I've managed to pick up 2 dud sets of stalks!

Upon inspection of the wiring on the back of the stalks, it seems that on my car (an early R reg puma) all of the pins on the connector have just one wire going into them, however on the plugs from the donor stalks (one was an S reg I believe, and another was a Y reg so 2001) one of the pins has two wires going into it.. very strange, but I'm presuming this could be the issue? does anyone know if ford changed the wiring at all, or have any wiring diagrams?

Thanks in advance! Josh :grin:

There are early and later stalks and they are not compatible. Later cars have a programmable wipe early cars do not.

They are visibly different get the correct one for your year.

Good luck with it

September 98 is the breakpoint so if its on an R reg the newest it could be is July 98.

Therefore you need a 96FG-13335-CB.

S reg could have potentially been correct as it could have been built and registered early enough but the Y reg one is almost certainly wrong. If they're both the same then they're XS6T-11K665-CA which is not suitable.

The good news is that every Fiesta of the correct age will donate one as well as comparable Pumas.

Main beam problem I would say does sound like the stalk assembly. Whether that's down to two being duff or it being the wrong stalk assembly you'd have to investigate further but I'd certainly say from what I've read there that you need the correct parts.

I have a (terminally rusty) R-reg Puma on my drive at the moment.
It is giving up its gearbox to my track car (this is my third box!)
If you still need the correct wiper/light switch, this one is available
(along with pretty much everything else)
Stu..

Back