Epic exhaust

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fury556

Well i fitted my new Piper stainless system today. And well it didn't really go very well to plan!

First off to remove the manifold the drivers side driveshaft was in the way - with no way around we had to take it out and lose some gearbox oil - which was promptly replaced after. Once the system was in place there was just over a foots worth of gap between the cat and the centre section. This entailed in finding an old exhaust at the back of the workshop that had the same diameter and a bit of welding and cutting here and there. Once that was done the poly bushes held the system in the wrong place and the back box would have been violently hitting the bumper. Used mostly the old rubber mounts instead to get a much better fit. After several hours of working on the car it's all fitted and running fine! The noise it makes has made it all worth it!!

If anyone has any questions regarding swapping exhausts over i'll be more than happy to share the knowledge gained today!

Yeah, Piper manifold, FRP sports cat and Piper S/S with the 4" slash cut backbox. My brother commented on the quality saying it wasn't fantastic :D

Gives good power throughout. Will be interesting to see what the dyno day brings :)

Back