exhaust question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigw

ive managed to get a sportex straight through exhaust for my puma and the pipe from the cat to the exhaust and the bends are terrible they arent smooth like my standard, now im wondering do you gain any extra bhp by having a straight through as im tempted just to fit the back box as the original exhaust has much smoother bends, any thoughts on this guys :?

I think the chance of any noticeable bhp improvement from just an exhaust or similar minor mods is slight,and its more about looks and sound than bhp.

so im better off just putting the back box on then, the middle part is stainless but its not the best :?

ScubaSteve said:
no you wont gain anything, if anything you will lose mid range power
much agreed,the build quality aint brilliant nor is the fitment,but do give a good sound in my opinion.cant say ive noticed any mid end power tho,but there again i dont cane it say 4-5k tops.but do give it some welly round the twisties when its save to do so

its more for the noise really just want a little burble, and with it not having 2 silencers it might be a little to loud :oops:

i like the look of a good big bore. but any power would be from the engine it self not by the exhaust.i think at best you only get 5-10 bhp and thats from nissan skylines n evos and spending mega money on the engine i would say any way

well thats my next stop ive ordered a pipercross panel filter and im looking at getting a blufin and thats got settings for a aftermarket exhaust, and a mate of mine did the same mods and gained about 14 bhp on his st170, not a massive amount but a st170s about 300kg heavier than a puma so im hoping for a little extra shove in the mid range :roll:

14 bhp is good going soo any how good look with the mod's sir oh and put some pics up

funny you mention pics all the pics are tiny on this site with a little spinny thing next to them :|

Click the broken paper like icon on the address bar, its next to the refresh page icon, this will sort the pictures for you.
craigw said:
funny you mention pics all the pics are tiny on this site with a little spinny thing next to them :|

LOONEY said:
14 bhp is good going soo any how good look with the mod's sir oh and put some pics up
hers a couple :grin:
fd95ecdd.jpg

f70f9ff9.jpg

98e2d28a.jpg

278ce1ba.jpg

e99e830d.jpg

5afe97db.jpg

9f34d6c7.jpg

not the best pics but ive just started doing bits to it i was waiting for it to pass its mot and it passed with no advisorys, fully poly bushed next wit new wishbones track rod ends and drop links to tighten up the steering, even though it handles just fine :grin:

ScubaSteve said:
no you wont gain anything, if anything you will lose mid range power

ive tried the straight and gone back to the original with just the sportex back box, it did lose the midrange and the noise did my head in :x
i did the airbox/cold air feed mod and with the old centre section back in the cars much more responsive 30 to 70 is so much better doesnt feel strangled like before, just a manifold and a remap and my little work car will be so much fun :thumbs:

Off topic sorry, but love the look of that Sony xav-622 - is it any good? Did that fit straight in?

yeah its great and ive got a stalk controller from the focus, to fit i bought a double din adaptors for a focus from the american ebay only cost a tenna delivered but then i had to take all the frame out that holds the radio in but it was worth it, then just screwed the adaptors to the side of the unit and pushed it in :)

Back