ford mondeo 1.8 lx petrol

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeFRP

hi. Maybe looking at buying 1 just want abit of info if you guys know about them. Its a 2001, 75k and 1600 quid. Looks in really gud nick, no rust,dents etc. Whats peoples thought? Are they reliable, wat sort of milege do they etc. Thanks

Hiya Mike,

Id say from working at Ford (though 4 years ago nearly) this is a good buy if, as you say - in good nick body & rust wise :grin:
Decent low price as mileage would be in the late 90's for the type of car/yearly use.
They have a firm ride, handle really good for a larger car - if engine is smooth they can belt along quite happily. Xenon type headlights (I think) 4 wheel disc brakes if I remember right, and check you have the 125bhp over the 110bhp duratec which was still knocking about about then.
The LX is entry level trim - Ghia X is the one ive got my eye on if I go back to Mondy.
Mileage wise if FSH and regular attention they will chug on for a fair few miles - much better than the Laguna's of the time :wink:
Beware of stone chips covered badly on bonnet and clutch issues. Driver seat/seatbelt action wear & tear.

Hope it helps! Hey not seen you knocking about Rainford yet - you still keep your FRP there? T x

Check the rear bushes - common to go. Rust on the bottom of the rear doors too.

thats excellent. Thanks. Rust wise its spot on. Will have to check bushes. How do i check if its the 125hp 1?

Usually a sticker on the engine. Also try putting the reg into the Etis website. I don't think the lower powered 1.8 Mk3 was ever officially offered in the UK though.

Door pulls wear badly inside, LX only has rubber steering wheel & knob, but generally very well equipped for an entry level spec car.

Maybe have a read through the Ford Wiki section on the Mk3

http://fordwiki.co.uk/index.php/Category:Mondeo_Mk3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)

thanks guys, il take it for a spin and see what sort of deal i can work out.

i still have the frp in rainford, take it for a spin every now and then but still never seen you :-( It only comes out on dry roads now unless the golf is broke, lol

Lol - im always about :grin: however there seems to be a slight increase in Pumas round here, think ive started a trend!

You will spot Pips though, ive a Project decal on the back and 'Zetec Inside' smoked repeaters and blue calipers.
The lesser spotted Nippy is usually around Kings Moss...
:grin: or maybe im going so fast you dont see me - in the words of Skipper the Penguin..."you haven't seen anything...." :lol:

Back