FRP #246

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
look forward to how it turns out.... i used kurust on my old car and is great stuff :D

:thumbs:

It will be already for FITP eh mike ... 2010 :lol:

Still soldering on with it!

Got a completion date in mind?

well ive worked out i can aford a full respray and paint shield by april, so want it back on the road then. so will need MOT and tax in march. So then at the very latest. But want to fully clean the engine bay too and get my mate to fit me an lsd.

im sure 3 months is enough :pose2:

ive been trying to find a powder coater that can fit the rear beam in there oven today. Well cut along story short i cant find one :( atall.

The biggest i found was 20 inch square. so i can fit everything else in i want doing. Sus springs, wishbones, etc. but the rear beam will just have to stay painted. :(

Pretty dissapointed, a full day wasted and nothing done!

Today im tackling the exhaust, It took me hours scrubbing with wire brush to try and get it as clean as i could before paint. Although from the results i think its worth it :)

before scrub down

DSCF0867.jpg

DSCF0869.jpg

half wire brushed, half not

DSCF0871.jpg

my paint booth, lol.

DSCF0872.jpg

And after paint :)

DSCF0873.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0874.jpg

Just waiting for it to dry so i can do the other side, then another coat and exhaust will be done.

well things have gone a little slow to say the least, lol. But things are looking up. here goes :-

Fuel tank is back on and looks awesome :)

Gearbox is rebuilt, took 3 of us and worked all nite till 5am but its back together now with LSD. (being fitted into the car on sunday)

rear calipers have been stripped/cleaned and will be painted smooth silver like my disk centers sometime this week.

i have my denso's irdium plugs, air/oil and fuel filter and oil all ready for a service next week also.

Then i can drive her again

WOOHOO!!!! :-D :-D dam ive missed my frp!!

been a very long 3 days. BUT its done!!!

everything is back on and as it should be. Gearbox seams alot more precise than it used to be and clutch feels amazing too (have been driving a mk 3 1.4 golf around since october though, lol.

Not been able to test out the LSD properly yet as its only booked in for its MOT on wednesday so kept it too very local roads, lol.

Il get pics up 2moro off the rebuild and video of starting her for the first time with out exhaust to check gearbox and clutch. (very very loud, my neibours love me, lol)

If you cant tell im well chuffed with it now, looking back i would have changed the release bearing as it has a slight rattle now :( so may have to take the box back off and replace this, may also fit a helix why wer at it too. :)

:D great news Mike!

Glad to hear she's back up and running getting ready for the show season :)

You must be proper happy :D

ive only got afew pics of the nitty gritty stuff as my hands wer covered in gearbox oil, brake fluid etc etc, lol.

anyways here was the start of the first day, (first pic of my new car cover)

P1000084.jpg

P1000083.jpg

heres afew pics of the gearbox back on (before and LSD pics to come, tere on my mates phone)

P1000086.jpg

home made Gear box oil filter, lol

P1000077.jpg

P1000065.jpg

brake calipers painted and fitted

P1000072.jpg

bleeding brakes

P1000073.jpg

fuel tank and new fuel filter

P1000070.jpg

P1000069.jpg

wheels back on and fitting exhaust.

P1000075.jpg

All done and ready for a little spin. (MOT tomorrow so will be the moment of truth)

P1000080.jpg

finally, just want to say a massive thankyou to jay for fitting the lsd and putting the car back together, awesome job :)

and Jacko for his help with the LSD and gearbox for clarifying afew bits we wer unsure on :)

Wow what a nice job you have done of that makes me wanna strip mine! Did you spray your inner arches or paint them?

thanks for the comment at the moment the inner arches are just cleaned with degreaser. i am going to waxoil them with a brush then spray them i think. that will be done next week i hope. just wanted to get all the bits back on and get her running first as my MOT is 2moro. :-D

cheers guys, just getting her ready now, lol. still need to put my mudflaps on and afew other little bits, lol

Latest posts

Back