FRP cams...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnbradley

Hey there...

Huge favour to ask...

I am selling the engine from #316 exc. Inlet...

Someone has asked if they can just buy the cams and timing tool... I’ve looked online to see how much they are selling for at the moment and can’t find any info...

Was just wondering what people’s thoughts were in what to ask for them...

Thanks

Hmmm. tough one.
How much is an irreplaceable item worth...

The cheapest performance cams are from Newman, they come in at £430 for the pair. Others want a hundred+ more!
I`ve recently seen a facebook post, where a chap is producing some FRP timing tools. He wants £95.

Just recently I let my FRP cams go for £250 to a close friend. Id have started an ebay auction at the same price (expecting 300+)
I replaced said FRP cams with used LMS3 cams which cost me £350 but came with a timing tool.

So ask what you think they`ll fetch. (plus a few quid `bartering money`)
You should always be strong with your pricing. It`s better to have to wait and re advertise them a little cheaper or make someones day with a `discount`
Than find out you`ve given them away....

Hey...

Thanks for ya reply... I am hoping that someone simply buys the whole engine... but helpful to know if I have to break it apart...

How much do ya think the gear box would sell for? non LSD...

Cheers

Another toughie.

A FRP clone gearbox can be knocked up from any 1.7 / 1.6 hybrid gearbox.
But the genuine Tickford box came with toughened input shaft and lower gears so rightly demands a premium.

I bought a used LSD equipped FRP box (a year old Pumaspeed one) for £400 . (1200 list price)
Gawd knows what yours is worth though...

Upgrade cams from the likes of Lightning Motorsport are roughly £400-£600 depending on which stage you want. I think they'll outperform standard FRP cams, or are equivalent to (at least the stage 1's are.)

It honestly depends on the condition of them, if they're scored to high heavens, then you'd be lucky to get a tenner for them. If they're immaculate (which they will be if you kept on top of engine oil levels and servicing.) then they're worth a couple hundred. See what people are willing to give for them.

The FRP block is a standard 1.7 engine with upgraded cams, exhaust and inlet. For the price of the FRP stuff on the internet, you can go directly to Lightning Motorsport and have them build you a Stage 2 engine, about £2,000. And you'll come out with more performance than the FRP, nearly 180BHP at wheels, the standard FRP is 152BHP.

Latest posts

Back