FRP Remapping

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i didnt want to risk revving it too high till i got my cam belt checked. but its fine my mechanic says, :lol: il check the rev limit when it stops raining as it is p**ing it down at the mo!

it was someone from pumapeople that suggested ford could have put the wrong map on, it runs good, just doesnt want to go in first.

my local ford dealer didnt know much about the FRP when i spoke to him on the fone, he kept having to go away and ask someone else :s

Not pulling away well in 1st? Sure your clutch is ok?

found out today that my car is fine, it does have the FRP map. it revs happyly to over 7000/ its because ive got s*** tyres on the front that the previous owner put on and that it is the traction control that is kicking in, not a torque limiter. so that has made me alot happier :-D

however my toyos on the back have about 2000 miles left and the front ones need replacing to toyos. it will be an expensive bill soon. :pinkeye:

the clutch was replaced 13k ago by the previous owner at pumabuild, think it was replaced by an uprated clutch, as it feels solid makes it abit harder to drive in traffic but il get use to it, lol

Toyos are worth it though.. :eek:k: I love mine.

Good that the clutch is fine.

Dal said:
Toyos are worth it though.. :eek:k: I love mine.

Good that the clutch is fine.

yeah ive heard they are good, im going to get all four done in april ready for summer i think 8) do you know where is best to buy the tyres? and what size the FRP tyres are?

THis place seems to have good prices:
https://www.topgear.co.uk/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the FRP has 215/40/17 tyres, but I'm not 100% sure on that. Just look at yours to make sure?

Back