FRP314 Under Shell Works

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be putting an update on later tonight, after painting the rear arms up on Friday night whilst drinksy i decided yesterday that i didnt achieve a good enough finish. So stripped them back using good old Nitro-Morse to take them back to bare metal and attacked with a paint stripping wheel on an angle grinder, since sprayed up with Zinc undercoat and got a fantastic smooth finish, just the other one to strip back and then will buy some matt black spraycans to add some final coats. I knew that it would annoy me if i put them back on the car looking the way they did as wasn't a nice smooth finish (my OCD to blame there again)

David

Monday 14/12/2009

Take two on the rear suspension dampers after a stripping and taking back properly this time. The angle grinder just the tool for the job, must admit took it steady as the dampers heated up quickly.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Only done the one so far will make a start on the other tomorrow think you'll agree looking a lot better this time around. need to get some more zinc primer tomorrow and a black matt finish spray paint.

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02969.jpg

Little section not sprayed as sanded back again as slight imperfection.

David

Tuesday 15/12/2009

Stripped last rear damper but still need to get some more paint.

DSC02974.jpg

DSC02973.jpg

DSC02971.jpg

Cleaned up the rear brake lines, used a bit of Nitro-Morse on the blue paint and then cleaned up the metal before spraying with some left over silver calliper paint, unfortunately they seem to be a little pitted in places, had intended on replacing them but at £70 I'd rather save the pennies for else were.

Before:

DSC02975.jpg

Masked Up: (and cleaned up splash guards)

DSC02976.jpg

DSC02977.jpg

After:
DSC02978.jpg

DSC02980.jpg

DSC02981.jpg

David

Lovely couple of shots of the motor the Police thought they would like to share with me lol

Bugger.jpg

If you looks closely you can just make me out looking through my closed hand making out that i'd seen the camera early enough, if i remember correctly i was saying to the misses i saw ya, perhaps not lol

Usually very good and sensible when not on country roads :wink: , always stick to limits especially in 30 and 40's, really annoyed about this tho as its situated just 300 meters from the first 40 mph sign after about 10 miles of some very quick national speed limit zone.

£60 fine and TTC speed awareness course

David

Black in a Flash! awesome lol!! I used that for my engine bay!

Looking great meat :eek:k: nice to see sum1 putting the effort in :D

Errghh that camera doesn't do any justice to the car at all!! Making it look all purple. Stupid speed guns!

Keep up the good work man! I look forward to reading your updates everytime I sign in!

Really should stop swapping xmas presents early with the other half :D

Just the wax I was after :)

DSC02972-1.jpg

Last time I used this was the evening before the Castle Combe meet and loved the results

IMG_0657.jpg

S73F0463.jpg

David

Great write up mate, loving your work!

Where did you get your small number plate? Is it strictly legal? Looks uber cool!

Monday 28/12/2009

Been a while.... but here goes

Finally my mate dropped back my nuts bolts etc :) Looking brilliant

Before:
DSC02817.jpg

After:
DSC02980-1.jpg

DSC02981-1.jpg

DSC02982.jpg

Finally finished spraying up the rear suspension dampers first in zinc primer and the a Matt finish black. Much happier with the results this time round

DSC02977-1.jpg

DSC02978-1.jpg

DSC02979-1.jpg

I have ordered the epoxy mastic http://www.rust.co.uk/epoxy-mastic.cfm expecting delivery any day now so i better start working on the underside.

Dad gave me £200 for xmas so dropping the rear beam etc at powder coaters this week :)

David

Monday 28/12/09

Little tweak, fuel filler neck piece back on

DSC02984.jpg

DSC02985.jpg

Two more added to the kitchen collection of parts

DSC02986.jpg

David

jimmer69 said:
Great write up mate, loving your work!

Where did you get your small number plate? Is it strictly legal? Looks uber cool!

I'm pretty certain it was this website

http://www.proplates.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think its strictly legal but you'd have to been unlucky to find an officer who'd want to book you for it, if you hang around Mac Donalds and attend cruises etc then expect a nice fine but other wise cant see you having a problem with it.

I've been ok so far, one officer did mention it when passing but didn't do anything about it. He suggested I might like to put the corrected size plate on :)

David

Cheers for that man! I'm an upstanding member of the community so I might give it a bash, although knowing my luck some arsey tc will book me.

Monday 11/01/10

Been a while due to the Xmas period and New Years, unfortunately one day before new years me and the other half split up, so been sorting out living arrangements, bit of pressure on now to get the rear end of the car finished by the end of Feb as cant afford to stay here on my own, Trying to find someone to share with as its a rented three bedroom house. Anyway less of the misery back on with the car. Oh and before the hilarious comments fly it wasn't because I spent so much time with the car :!:

Bolts put on cardboard so that I don't loose any.
DSC02987.jpg

Rear brake lines before grey primer:
DSC02997.jpg

During whilst using the new work bench :wink: :
DSC02998.jpg

Now that most the furniture has gone with the ex the spare room has become the finished parts area instead of the kitchen :)
DSC02987-1.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

New 30mm Spacers knock up by a mate to match the press car width, if anyone else is interested, currently making more to order for £40 delivered for the pair.
DSC03008.jpg

DSC03005.jpg

Now struggling to get £100 together to get the rear beam shot blasted etc as spent the £200 off the old man on the chop in Nottingham New Years to drown my sorrows.

David

Giant work here. Also looks like your car sometimes happens to be all over the house :)) You`re happy to have such an understanding miss :)

SunCrm said:
Giant work here. Also looks like your car sometimes happens to be all over the house :)) You`re happy to have such an understanding miss :)

Did have such an understanding misses, now have an understanding mate as he's now my lodger lol

David

Back