Grumbles, moans and rants

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking for a spare alloy wheel and found a set of 4 on eBay at a bargain price. Even if only 2 are any good, it would still be worth buying them.
I messaged the seller asking if they could confirm the following:
Rim width
Offset
General condition of the wheels, any dents, bubbling/corrosion.
I shortly get a reply saying 'No I can't sorry'!

Eh? Is it not possible for someone to look at a wheel and read a few numbers off it?
Can they not go over to the wheels and look to see what condition they are in?

It's not like I'm going to hold them to anything, just wanted to know if they're worth a shot especially as they are pick up only.

Some people aren't bothered about people being interested in buying from them.
I don't even know whether their response is worth a reply!

I recently tried to rent various garages locally The first company didn t get back to me, them when I rang again pointing this out someone who knew nothing whatsoever about the garage rang me back and said someone who knew what they are talking about would ring me back. They didn't.

Garage 2A was two lock up garages with a bit of space in front that was supposed to be gated. The gate was totally absent as was one of the garage doors. The landlord would not replace either.

Garage 2B had a big pair of barn doors so badly coming off their hinges I couldn't open either. The landlord would neither sort out the doors offer a discount or take less than three months up front despite the place being currently unusable.

Garage 3 had an up and over door you would need a Terminator to open and was threatening to either fall off (as had some of its neighbours) or jam open or jam shut. The landlord wasn't prepared to fix it.

Have been let down yet again
Is it just me or are people really much less reliable than they used to be?

annual insurance against theft on my new bike (pedal cycle, not motorbike) is almost as much as my annual car insurance premium :shock:

Speaking of Ford, and the Focus specifically. I think there must have been a giveaway or something on them as both my adjacent neighbours now have a Focus. 2 doors up to my right also has one. My opposite neighbour doesn't have a car but guess what, his neighbours on both sides have an errrm.....yup Focus.

They're an excellent car though, my dads just got a new 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium with Sync 2 sat nav system and it's such a good car, think I'll be going that route next time I change

Latest posts

Back