Hardwire alarm / tracker to car with fuse

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielz000

Hi Guys,

Can someone advise me of the best way to hard wire an alarm/tracker to my car?

At the moment it's stuck straight onto the battery, ideally I'd like it a bit tidier and fused in the box just behind the battery, is this possible?

Cheers,

Dan

Unfortunately it won't reach the driver's fuse box.

Are you suggesting I use a fuse to do what it normally does and power the charger? Would it not be possible to add an addition one in a blank slot?

Not sure but can't see why not. All I was thinking about was your need to find an alternative permanent live which wasn't at the battery itself. Using a current permanent live already in the car would mean the alarm/tracking system wiring wouldn't be immediately obvious to anyone wishing to disarm it by simple looking at the battery and cutting the power to a 'stray' wire that had been connected to it....if you get my drift....lol.

As I say I'm not a sparky so hopefully someone with more knowledge in this field will be able to give advice :eek:k:

Yea, I did think it'd be a bit obvious on the battery.

It's not a massive concern though as it has an internal battery too... Still, I'd prefer it fused and running from the fuse box rather than across the car...

Ok guys, I decided to tap off a wire behind the dash and fuse the wire directly. Cost about £3 for a fuse holder and 10 fuses on ebay...

Back