Heated Front Screen Relay

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dcandy

I've looked around and can find no definitive answer. Which relay is the front heated screen one? I've looked at the fuses box, removed it and turned it around and one relay is "melted".
Any one with any ideas or a definitive guide?

I'm sure the heated screen relay is the right side of the steering wheel!
Pull out the little cubby hole and you will see a fuse board use a Philips screwdriver to then remove the fuse pannel and behind that is some relays it should be on the left hand side there are two relays the same the heated windscreen is the second one! ( the one behind the first)

If you can find any reference to the sound system/amp which was an option on the earlier Pumas, that fuse is the same one as the heated screen.
That's why the amp and heated screen weren't offered together as they were wired from the same fuse.

To be clear I pulled the cubby hole out and checked the relays...
2nd one BEHIND the first one?

Have you got a pic or anything so I can check the relay as it's doing my swede in

To be clear I pulled the cubby hole out and checked the relays...
2nd one BEHIND the first one?

Have you got a pic or anything so I can check the relay as it's doing my swede in[/quote]

Hi there, sorry got no photos as on holiday and not near the car.

But when mine went I pulled the cubby hole thing out, removed the first set of fuses to get to the ones behind! On the left hand side there are two green ford relays.
The second one in is what you need, remove it and put the relay from the front to the back.

I had to sit in the car with a flask of hot water till the windows steamed up and then turned on the heated windscrean if it works then you know it's the relay!

Ford wanted somthing like £27 for the relay but I'm sure someone like Ian g has loads of them!

Taken from the owners manual that came with my old '98 Puma...

imagejpg1_zpsdfb0d5e5.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsf186a935.jpg

And yes that's the relay that is "melted" I'll see if I can get it out :(

Cheers all

So it is that melted relay - now the heated screen stays on all the time. Will remove it somehow and replace ;)

Back