Help please! Key Fob..

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumadude

Hey there, well i done something really stupid tonight!

I dropped my keys in a puddle and now the fob wont work, the light has just started working after an hour of not touching it but it wont open the car :cry:

Also the key i have for the car doesn't open the door! this i just found out, so i an't get into my car at all, any one got any ideas?

the fob is currently sitting on a heater on top of a towel with the battery out.

help please this is not good :cry:

thanks

Hi Pumadude,

Did you get it working in the end?

Leaving the battery out may have mean the fob has lost it's coding so you may have to try and recode it to the car before it will open.

There's a guide in the how to section of the site.

Hey Red, no i still haven't got it sorted!

i've been at it all morning, it sounds like it does need coded to the car again to be honest.

I mashed the drivers door lock with a screw driver then thought to myself why is this not opening, then called a friend and he told me there deadlocked so basically i have destroyed the drivers door lock for nothing :(

bad times.

Thanks so much for the reply i just looked at the how to and seen how to re programme the remote, i still need to get in the car though lol.

anyone know how to get in without doing too much damage or breaking a window?

Call the AA or a lock smith... that's what i'd do at least

Or.. can you get in from the boot?

no i can't get in from the boot lol, i have found a scrapyard with a couple of Pumas in it though.

so today i'm gonna smash one of the windows and get it from there, also get the door locks!

what a hassle lol, aw well i'll just be glad nwhen i get Percy back on the road lmao.

oh yeah, the AA said i need t upgrade to home start if they're gonna come out, cost a bit much so i'm just going the scrappy route lol.

thanks for the input it really is appriciated :D

Locksmiths recommended in your area, look in the locksmith section of the Puma garage list, linked in my sig block

Back