high milers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumahumes

out of interest im just wondering what sort of life expectancy you can get from the puma 1.7 engine.

im close to 93k now and in the long run dont want to invest in engine upgrades in the future i its all gonna die on me

Depends on how it's looked after, my last engine died at 71000, bearing failure. New engine is going strong though.

Keep to the service intervals, or less if possible and check fluids fairly often. :)

Keep it serviced and lubed up properly and it should last ages yet as supersonic says. I've seen 1.7s on 150K

pumpkin has now turned 120k with service intervals at 6000miles and the wee car has never missed a beat

pray it never had cheap supermarket fuel before its high sulphur content was banned (2001?ish) and that its always had good oil.....

my first one died at 95k due to bore liner failure from high sulphur fuel from new

second (at 50k) is now upto 120k miles for car (75k for engine) & going fine so far (wont be long b4 iv killed it tho as im overfuelling at present!

over here we don't have too many supermarket petrol stations so that would never have been a problem and i work over the border in the republic of ireland in a texaco so i get cheaper good quality fuel in comparison to northern ireland and the rest of the uks prices.

I'm just coming up to the big 100k, hope to get a piccie of the special mile, though I'll make sure I stop first. probably.

6000 in about 4 months I think. More than I thought, but not complaining.

Latest posts

Back