Honda Civic Type R GT (FN2)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

My new daily driver. I looked at loads of other cars (including coming very close to buying a Z4 2.5si), but came back to the Civic as it's a car I've nearly bought on at least thee separate occasions.

It's the GT model, with the added bonus of the factory sat nav, hands free phone and iPod connectivity (I had to do some serious googling to find one, as they're pretty rare).

Future plans are limited to non existent - the Mazda will be the project! The only thing I need to do is remove the budget tyres the dealer has just fitted and get a set of Bridgestones to make sure I have a matching set. Nothing else is planned!

A few pics, more to follow when I get round to taking some!

Good choice mate, I had one in the same colour. Than engine is just amazing. Sold it to my friend and every time I see it I want another!

What I thought you were going to buy before you got the Mini!

.... photo from a ProjectPuma 2 day Meet at Chatsworth House June 2010..... Neil going to look over an FN2 Type R in the car park when he was thinking of selling the FRP..... Got there eventually mate

15189936571_c273b624a6_b.jpg

They're actually memories I download with a USB in my ear :pose2:

I'd love an FN2 again. Unfortunately my spine doesn't agree with me on that.

Great car, especially with the additions on the facelift. (HID, USB audio..). Enjoy!

One thing to consider is that the camber isn't adjustable out of the box. Companies out there will fit a set of bolts and do a 'fast road setup' alignment which will help tyre life AND kill off the understeer. It's the best upgrade in my opinion.

I've read about that. It's certainly an option, but right now I bought the car with the intention of not spending much on it (a novelty for me!), so it'll be something to consider for the future.

The '5 meeting up with it's big brother :)

I'd love a better photo location, but as there's only one of me and the Mazda isn't insured anymore, this'll have to do :pose2:

Are you going to insure it? What happens if someone decides to jump on it in the middle of the night?

I'm hoping to get a garage on camp to store it in, failing that a car cover. I'm not too fussed about it being uninsured, it's not exactly worth a lot!

Have you SORN'd it if it's not insured?

http://www.moneysupermarket.com/c/news/car-off-the-road-you-still-need-insurance/0026575/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the situation. You're selling your car. It's sitting on the driveway waiting for a buyer to come along and take it off your hands.

The thing is, the insurance has run out and you don't want to renew it and pay a premium on a car you won't be using. And as the car's being kept off the road, it doesn't have to be insured, right?
Wrong - potentially to the tune of a £1,000 fine!

It's been over two years since the law on Continuous Insurance Enforcement (CIE), which makes it illegal to own a car not declared as off the road without it being insured, came into force. And in that time over £5million worth of fines have been collected from people who have been keeping a car without insurance.

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-insurance/uninsured-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4. Uninsured vehicles
Rules in England, Wales and Scotland
You must have motor insurance for your vehicle if you use it on roads and in public places.

You do not need to insure your vehicle if it is kept off the road and declared as off the road (SORN). This rule is called ‘continuous insurance enforcement’.

If not, you could:

get a fixed penalty of £100
have your vehicle wheel-clamped, impounded or destroyed
face a court prosecution, with a possible maximum fine of £1,000

I haven't yet, mainly as I wanted to get temporary cover so I could drive for a bodyshop quote. It's still got five months tax.

Latest posts

Back