Honda Civic Type R GT (FN2)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My FRS was done by the people in Crewe I think. I only had the front done as the back was spon on for factory. This needed camber adjustment bolts fitting. I had it with the emphasis on Road, so a little more camber and aligned properly. Can't remember what toe was set. It wiped out the understeer and made it feel mi more sorted. I didn't keep mine for long enough really and didn't enjoy it as much as I should have, but the tyres were lasting well.

There's some speculation on the other forum that he Crewe lot aren't the best and have made mistakes. I can't comment as my experience was good.

Booked in a bodyshop next month to have the three parking dents I have aquired over the last couple of months fixed. Two have broken the paint, which has added to the cost.

There goes my tyre budget :fists:

Just got the Civic back from the bodyshop, where they've repaired five (!) parking dents and scratches. They've also pointed out some rust at the top of the windscreen. This is a five year old car FFS...

Honestly, my Clio was better built than this car.

:evil:

Really? I'm certainly getting my money's worth out of this warranty - this'll be the fourth thing now...

Yes something to do with the windscreen seal cutting into the metal at the top of the screen

Long thread on that other forum about this. It's the edge strip at fault. Some dealers have needed persuading to do it as warranty...

Overall, it's been a massive disappointment this car. It's doubly annoying as I procrastinated for years about buying one. It'll likely be for sale by years end.

Cant say ive spotted any rust on mine in that area, I personally love mine.

The only cristisms I have is that the boot sounds like its going to fall apart everytime you shut it and the red carpets constantly look dirty!

Other than that I really enjoy it.

Yep, the boot trim feels especially flimsy. I hear you on the carpets too!

I may well be picking up an FK2 shortly as the new daily. As its my 3rd, it's going the be the Spacehip! Spaceship! SPACESHIP! :)

Decided to keep the CR-V in the end. It's just too nice to swap at the moment. We'll see if I can resist VTEC when it comes to replacing the Puma.

Just ordered 2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 to replace the budgets on the front. After that, I guess it's back to Honda for the rusty roof...

It certainly is. It's bleedin' awful

civic-r-front.jpg

civic-r-ftq-static.jpg

civic-r-rtq-static.jpg

What I like about the FN2 is it looks quite different to most hot hatches without being too OTT. This just has the Fast & The Furious written all over it.

I've just ordered a new gearknob to replace the worn item in my car. Determined to find some love for the car soon - a trip to Wales or the Yorkshire Dales is on the cards soon.

The stylist just couldn't stop styling there could he? That does look awful. I always liked that Honda made cars that weren't too over the top but went like stink.

I like the OTT styling on modern hot hatches, there the super car for the working man so its right that they look a bit mad, if you want to be sensible buy a diesel

Back