Honda Civic Type R GT (FN2)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's looking increasingly likely this will be part exchanged or sold very soon.

Great engine and gearbox, crap car.

Colin (a sadly missed member on here) always talked about building a K20 VTEC powered Puma. Would have been a great combination.

Just had Kidlington Honda quote me £692 for a service for the Type R. Unbelievable.

That's the valve clearance service isn't it Neil always a biggy plus you need to leave the car with them overnight as they can only be checked with a cold engine

Yeah, it was. It can wait - probably until I've sold the car...

Lovely car mate, I am a big fan of Vtec. had the B16 Jordan and S2000. :)

The Civic will shortly be departing. I'm glad I got it out of my system after obsessing over one for years, but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, it's a massively flawed car. It was occasionally fun, and VTEC sounds great, but I don't think I'll miss it.

Is the ride really that bad? I mean it can't be as hard as a puma on coilovers can it? (I know that's not the point...but)

What are you looking at to replace it Neil?

Having been in Neil's Civic I can concur that a skateboard has more comfort. It really is worse than a Puma on coilovers. How they can sell something like that must be down to Honda fans accepting anything they're given.

Wow, I don't think I'll look at one in the same way :lol: I quite liked the Mugen editions, except for their weird round exhausts that don't fit in with anything. Or am I contradicting myself - is that the only cosmetic difference? :lol:

moondustka said:
[post]350396[/post] Is the ride really that bad? I mean it can't be as hard as a puma on coilovers can it? (I know that's not the point...but)

What are you looking at to replace it Neil?

It is that bad. I can deal with the ride being hard, the Civic is also crashy and jiggly. The damping is a joke.

As for it's replacement, lets just say I'll be coming back to Ford...

I had an FN2 Type R too, two in fact after the first was stolen. Personally I loved it, my friend did too and bought it off me at two years old and he's still got it today, but yes, the ride is that bad. Awful in fact. The interior is also made out of plastics from Tefal, but that engine.....

Pretty handy on track too, but the brakes don't last long if abused. A nice pic a few laps before I destroyed a set of pads with only 3000 miles on the clock and boiled the brake fluid resulting in a trip to the kitty litter and a new pair of underwear required....

Had one in at work a few months back and I liked it. They drive fantastic and feel well built, as with any Honda.

I guess the ride is down to what you're used to, as I found it perfectly acceptable, and to be honest if it was sloppy and soft i'd be disappointed as you may as well just buy a regular one. But seeing as my Puma is as uncomfotable as they come and my second toy is a shaky motorbike it was nothing to me :lol:

The best bit is the seats, the support and comfort is just right I think.

XAF said:
[post]350420[/post] I had an FN2 Type R too, two in fact after the first was stolen. Personally I loved it, my friend did too and bought it off me at two years old and he's still got it today, but yes, the ride is that bad. Awful in fact. The interior is also made out of plastics from Tefal, but that engine.....

Pretty handy on track too, but the brakes don't last long if abused. A nice pic a few laps before I destroyed a set of pads with only 3000 miles on the clock and boiled the brake fluid resulting in a trip to the kitty litter and a new pair of underwear required....

A pretty accurate appraisal I think. Agreed on the brakes, never thought they had much bite.

Now sold, for this
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=29705

Back