Honda Civic Type R GT (FN2)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight on it looks completely non-OTT, but from the rear and rear quarter side it looks like it wants to eat something, i like it! (but not convinced about the rear wing)

A development car with no interior, aircon and the addition of a roll cage did the Ring lap. Hardly representative of the road car.

The whole Nurburgring testing thing is a bit silly i think. It's mostly just competition between car companies and is totally unrepresentative of how a car will actually perform on the road. An AMG Merc would be faster around the 'Ring than many cars, but put it in the hands of a pillock with more money than driving skill and it's one of the slowest cars going. Not everybody is the Stig.

TGPlayer1 said:
The whole Nurburgring testing thing is a bit silly i think. It's mostly just competition between car companies and is totally unrepresentative of how a car will actually perform on the road. An AMG Merc would be faster around the 'Ring than many cars, but put it in the hands of a pillock with more money than driving skill and it's one of the slowest cars going. Not everybody is the Stig.

Exactly. A Nurburgring time would have absolutely no bearing on my purchasing decisions.

I love the looks of it - I still think it's one of the best looking hot hatches of recent years :pose2:

Sometimes the little things make all the difference:

Crappy old worn gearknob:

Replaced with nice shiny new eBay special:

That's the concept. The pictures of the car in white (above) are of the final car.

From the concept to the real thing I think Honda have missed a trick. The concept was a real wow moment when I saw it then when they released the final production version it was just like, OK, looks good I suppose.

I still like it but I wouldnt part with 30k to get one!

The concept at least looks like a coherent design. The actual car looks like a 9th gen Civic with a load of sh*t bolted to it.

And the interior is naff too.

Yeah thats what I thought, the concept looked a much better design, the actual product looks like it was made using the Demon Tweeks catalogue!

Booked into Honda (again) to have the rusty roof and clicky/clunky front subframe looked at.

I'm certainly getting my money's worth out of this warranty...

In general I've found Honda to be very good on warranty stuff. Certainly have had a better experience than a friend has with Ford lately! Let's hope you get it sorted out.

Clicky subframe is a known issue. I've seen stuff on that other forum. I think it's a sime fix if he dealer can't resolve it.

Back