How many are left of the 500?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellison

Anyone know how many FRP are left on the road? As loads of ex-FRP brakes come up on ebay and other bits - i.e. the cars clearly are no longer "with us"! :cry:

There has been a glut of parts mate- so its not a bad omen that there are lots that have been broken.

There's still a fair number out there- just good ones are getting rare as the boy racers gett there hands on the cheap ones and ruin them.

I doubt even the DVLA could easily tell you the actual number left on the road.

However I'd estimate that there's probably still a good number i.e. between 350-450

Cool - I have a perfect set of brake for my Crazy Project car from one - no idea what number the car was though.

no-one knows the answer, as the DVLA only list them as a blue 1.7 standard puma.

I;d guess about 300 350 myself.

I'd guess still around 400... most of them are garaged up now...sad but true...

getting too rusty and high maintenance for anyone to consider using as their everyday car anymore... altho i'm sure there are still a fair number used on a daily basis....

When the recall was done, it pulled in over 450 of them.... despite that i have still managed to find 2 on my doorstep that havn't had the rear brake re-work done...even tho iv'e only seen 10% of the fleet...

:grin:

Chris

pumapilot said:
jellison said:
What is this rebrake recall issue?

The FRP was recalled for a rear brake hose modification.

aparently only if it was* an issue. If it wasnt rubbing they didnt change anything. Mines one of the lucky ones. Recently had mine rechecked by my local dealer and they still dont need to be changed.

Grrrr!

It was my car.

Cherished and improved steadily over its ownership.

Eventually, with two ailing parents over 200 miles distance from East Anglia I chose to replace it with a Diesel Jaguar to make the frequent motorway journeys more economical, more comfortable, and to stop the mileage building on the limited edition Ford.

The loathsome little oik that bought it was full of plans for its 'improvement' but faced after a few months with some bills for brakes and a much needed respray, to rid it of stone chips, parted it out instead and (he explained) used the income to buy an FRP that did not need these two items of work doing it.

Hearing that the engine that I spent money on and cossetted for years is now in some chavvy Fiesta really does grate.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i can understand people wanting an frp engine in their fiesta, and the interior the engine is just amazeing n the seats comfy suportive n georjus. The majority of frp owners are aware that our cars are worth more in parts than as a whole but its not really in the spirit of things is it. even tho my frp is my daily driver and dose need a fair bit of work on it i am saveing for a second car so 292 can become a joy toy. once im old and grey i hope to still have 292 as the amount of money grabbers out there hase made me rather afraid to ever sell her incase she is broken for parts! So its a car for life now that will be given to my children, and fingures crossed will keep running, and being enjoyed for aslong as petrol is available :grin:

As much as #013 annoyed me at times, the thought of it being broken for parts is unbearable.

Rob, you have my complete sympathy.

Back